whats a piece of history worth

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dollarbill

Reaction score
Some time ago i posted a pic of this bottle an then told what i found out about it . it was a specimen bottle on the BYRD antarctic expedetion. it was 1 of 500 that were made.so what i wana know is how ya put value to it whats it worth. any ideals thank all bill

dollarbill

Reaction score
donation.
My Setup : : Member List : : Contact Admin : : Today's Posts
whats a piece of history worth Logged in as

Rp44136.jpg

Attachments

• Rp44136.jpg
    Rp44136.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 135

GuntherHess

Reaction score
One way to find out is put it on ebay with a 5 million dollar reserve and see what people bid on it. That costs you about 2 bucks. You can take it to the antiques road show. That costs you , what? 30 bucks? You can hire an appraiser, that can cost serveral hundred bucks. You can take it to a museum, that's maybe free if someone will talk to you.

madman

Reaction score
hey i no one thing its rare and cool, and made in toledo ohio by the owens bottle making machine, its a later owens bottle, right before they merged with the illinois glass co in 1929 madman

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
DOLLARBILL, if im not mistakened i saw an article about this bottle one time in an old bottle magazine cant remember which one but if i ever run across it i will let u know. whosyer !!

dollarbill

Reaction score
hey just want to thank ya all for your replys. whosyerdaddy was it the artical about the guy in RI.who had 4 of them 3 with crell shrimp an 1 empty. thats were i got some of my info they did'nt have any thing in it about worth other than call them treasures. thanks agian all bill

dollarbill

Reaction score
found 1 of these today on ebay just as the time was running out the bidder bought it for 33.00 bucks guess i got a good ideal now. ty all

whiskeyman

Reaction score
BILL...I searched allover Google back when you 1st posted this query...Found lots of info, but no prices...[:(]

Glad you finally got some idea now...:)

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown