State of the Union Address

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
Sorry , but my information I posted came through email , not the site you refer to . Nice to see you are still trying to make something out of nothing though ..

Don't you get it, LC... The whole thing was a scam:

Analysis: The above text, though it is based on a passage written by former Chrysler chairman Lee Iacocca, bears very little resemblance to the original, which appeared as the first chapter of Where Have All the Leaders Gone?, a book by Iacocca and Catherine Whitney published by Simon & Schuster in 2007. In brief, what originated as a sharp critique of President George W. Bush and his administration has been anonymously revised to make it appear that Iacocca blames Barack Obama and the Democrats for all the country's ills.

Ron

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: suzanne

In my humble opinion the various job bills and incentives cannot sustain lasting recovery. The jobs being created are government jobs that we the taxpayers must fund. The US needs in a big way to bring back manufacturing. We desperately need to buy American. That means if a Toyota is made in America we need to buy that particular Toyota rather than a Chevrolet made in Mexico. We need to keep letting politicians know that we want product labeling and id's that designate a products origin, like they now do with produce, so people can make a choice.

China for one gets away with sending us lead toys, cadmium jewelry (toxic heavy metal), Cheap baby furniture that has recent caused many deaths and amputations, because the US doesn't hold them accountable for quality like they do with American companies/ This makes for an unfair playing field in the other teams favor.

Most of the good manufacturing jobs that existed in this area are gone. Now, one by one, the factories that employ mostly illegal aliens and blacks for low wages are leaving too. Population here is half a million. If someone can tell me how anyone can ever pull off a recovery while this insanity continues, please help me out with this.

Obama thinks if everyone works for the government, like with government health care, we can eventually sustain a viable economy. Republicans think high income people should get tax breaks so they can invest in business, and they do - but the business has moved out of the country.

You and I actually agree on something; however, I also think that we need some type of stop gap measure, even if it is government sponsored, in order to get that ten percent back on their feet, even for the short term. I've been saying for a while that Obama take a page out of one of his hero's books and restart the CCC camps to help fix some of our failing infrastructure. I'm sure that when the rubber hits the road the suffering will take whatever they can get to keep their homes and families. This idea of giving the money to contractors, put forth during the first stimulus, and hoping it trickles down to the American People only to have them hire majority illegal alien labor is ludicrous, because it only helps those already employed for the most part.

Start up the CCC caps have the unemployed join it's ranks, keep track of who is joining, move them where you need them to work and give them a chance to be useful again. Since like the military the government will be providing three hots and a cot they can send the money home to their families to keep the bills at bay. To just throw in a bunch of stupid projects like a Woodstock museum and the other myriad of idiotic pork barrel payback programs that comprised the first Stimulus again would just be idiotic; however, I have a feeling that is what we will get. As you rightly pointed out Obama thinks everyone works for the government, and that the government can provide permanent jobs, which it can't, but it can alleviate the suffering of the moment until a more permanent solution can be obtained or grown through the private sector.

Unfortunately those manufacturing jobs are not coming back, that is one failing of the private sector, and the American People for that matter, they both are out to save money, and moving manufacturing overseas allows that to happen. We demanded higher wages and cheaper prices, you can't have both, so the companies went to where they could get the cheaper labor in order to give us the cheaper prices, and thus we now have cheaper prices and no money to pay for it due to no jobs. Maybe with this new drive toward this "green" technology idea that Obama is pushing for, just because it's based on a flawed religious idea of global warming doesn't mean it's not a good idea, we can create new manufacturing jobs. I only wish he would quit focusing on solar and wind so much, but he did mention one thing that made me cheer, building new nuclear powered electrical plants. If France can run on a majority of Nuclear power plants in their country, surely the United States can do the same. So long as Obama can keep the tree huggers in his own party at bay, that will be the real trick. They have been the biggest thorn in the side of progress of any manufacturing and energy production for nearly fifty years now. Environmentally friendly, I have no problem with that, attacking every sign of progress past eating nuts and berrys and living in threes, that's just idiotic.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bearswede

Sorry , but my information I posted came through email , not the site you refer to . Nice to see you are still trying to make something out of nothing though ..

Don't you get it, LC... The whole thing was a scam:

Analysis: The above text, though it is based on a passage written by former Chrysler chairman Lee Iacocca, bears very little resemblance to the original, which appeared as the first chapter of Where Have All the Leaders Gone?, a book by Iacocca and Catherine Whitney published by Simon & Schuster in 2007. In brief, what originated as a sharp critique of President George W. Bush and his administration has been anonymously revised to make it appear that Iacocca blames Barack Obama and the Democrats for all the country's ills.

Ron
[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

LC

Reaction score
I read the text at the site you posted Ron , and I undestand what you are saying . My only concern was that when I posted the text I had received through an email , that blasted racial quote against Obama was at the bottom of it , and I did not mean to post it . I truly intended to delete that from the post , but it slipped my mind . As I stated , that is not my style as for pertaining to people regardless of their race . You seemed to be trying to make a big deal about it as if it was my own agenda which is not the case .I could care less if he was a blue goose . As for his track record , I have not agreed with some of the things he has done , but he has a way to go yet . It is up to him to get us out of the mess we have been put in , and I see no way he is going to accomplish that , but then too we will see .

LC

Reaction score
Sorry , thought I had responded to Bearswede .

sweetrelease

Reaction score
man the powers to be have all you worked up. i'm gonna say this real slow , but people this all has to do with money!!! they all "bush, obama" or whoever get into office so they can make money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now most of it goes to there rich friends on wall street , but it is about power and money. you all pick sides, thats funny. there are no sides. they use you to get into office and throw you overboard and then blame the last guy that did the same thing!!!!!!!!! funny shit how you all think we have a "choice" . you don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~matt

bearswede

Reaction score
OK, LC... Let's bury this one...I will if you will...

Score any bottles lately? Since I was forced into retirement, I don't feel I can spare any coin on glass...And I'm a bit banged up to do much diggin'... So much fun getting old...![:(]

Ron

LC

Reaction score
Sounds good to me Ron , life is too short for creating enemies . I just wanted you to know the truth of things . I am old school , truth is very important to me . I do not play the race card . Copying and pasting seems to get me in trouble . I always forget to add or remove something when I do it . This deal has pretty much broke me of the habit of doing it anymore at all .

Have not found a good bottle in ages , pretty much no places to hunt around here anymore . My area was pretty well hunted out in the nineteen seventies , except for the possibility of privy digging . I do not believe any of that has ever been done in my area .

I am in pretty much the same position as you , money is limited , and there is little to hunt for anymore in my area , and I have not seen a good bottle come up in my area for sale for years . And I am pretty well banged up myself , but would gladly give digging a try if I could find a place worthy of it .The town here locally where I was raised in was founded in 1833 , seems there should be some good bottles around , but have never came up with any from the town its self . Have been wanting to get up with Dollarbill for the past year to do some digging . I have a couple places local that I have been looking over as far as a possible privy , but nothing positive yet .

I have a dug four cities Casper's whiskey that I have been trying to get up the nerve to send off through the mail to have cleaned for a good number of years now , but then to when you add the cost of cleaning the bottle along with the cost of shipping and insurance , the money issue kind of raises its ugly head and detours the idea . Then too , I have a lot of bottles I would love to have tumbled . Maybe some day .

Attachments

• 74B002197EDC4B83AC4A0AECAB85DF59.jpg
    74B002197EDC4B83AC4A0AECAB85DF59.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 50

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I dunno about the union, but the state of the forum has certainly improved.. [:)]

..that was so bad, I don't even have the desire to exist any more.. here I go..... POOF!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky