State of the Union Address

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
I was watching BO's sad State of the Union Address, got bored and found ABN more interesting for some reason??? I did like how he compared the bank bail-outs to a root canal though and pledged to end the "War". What did anyone else think of his speech?

morbious_fod

Reaction score
If he actually means half of what he said then I am with him; however, I was rather disappointed that after a full year of office he still plays the "I didn't cause this problem, Bush did" card. At some point he has to realize that people know where the problem started and every time he pulls that crap out it looks like just what it is, passing the buck. We know where the problems came from, now what the heck are you going to do about them? Just standing there saying "I didn't do it." like some little kid isn't presidential, and I just want him to fix the problem not continually reminding us that he didn't create it.

I like the fact that he says he is going to put emphasis on jobs, but I wonder if I can believe him. He spent last year on the Health care bill, and instead of even suggesting a compromise on the bill still says basically "accept our bill the way it is or give me your own". Can't we find a middle ground on this bill, we need something, but this "we have a majority and can do what we want" attitude exuded by the Dems over the last year is just annoying. Yes the Republicans "we must stop it at all cost" is equally idiotic as well.

Nearly everything the man said sounds good, but he has proven that everything he says isn't always what appears when the rubber hits the road. Still waiting on that transparency of those Democrat meetings on the health care bill, that Obama promised would be on CSPAN. I still hope he means it, or we will end up throwing one group of morons out for the same group of morons we had for the past eight years, and the cycle will continue again and again. I really hoped that Obama would be different, but we are still stuck with politics as usual. Snore. And don't even get me started on that "saved" jobs bullcrap he was trumpeting so loudly, how do you honestly measure "saved" jobs? No I won't get started on that, but I hope the man is able to accomplish what I agree with him on, the others...maybe we can compromise on something.

If you are sincere about what you proposed tonight President Obama then good luck too ya, but if you are going to keep brow beating the opposition into the twisted idea of bipartisanship that has prevailed over the past year, then what can we really do? You people on both sides don't listen to us anymore anyway.

"All those folks in Washington, they just look out for number 1. And number 1 ain't you. You ain't even number 2." Frank Zappa The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: morbious_fod

If he actually means half of what he said then I am with him; however, I was rather disappointed that after a full year of office he still plays the "I didn't cause this problem, Bush did" card. At some point he has to realize that people know where the problem started and every time he pulls that crap out it looks like just what it is, passing the buck. We know where the problems came from, now what the heck are you going to do about them? Just standing there saying "I didn't do it." like some little kid isn't presidential, and I just want him to fix the problem not continually reminding us that he didn't create it.

I like the fact that he says he is going to put emphasis on jobs, but I wonder if I can believe him. He spent last year on the Health care bill, and instead of even suggesting a compromise on the bill still says basically "accept our bill the way it is or give me your own". Can't we find a middle ground on this bill, we need something, but this "we have a majority and can do what we want" attitude exuded by the Dems over the last year is just annoying. Yes the Republicans "we must stop it at all cost" is equally idiotic as well.

Nearly everything the man said sounds good, but he has proven that everything he says isn't always what appears when the rubber hits the road. Still waiting on that transparency of those Democrat meetings on the health care bill, that Obama promised would be on CSPAN. I still hope he means it, or we will end up throwing one group of morons out for the same group of morons we had for the past eight years, and the cycle will continue again and again. I really hoped that Obama would be different, but we are still stuck with politics as usual. Snore. And don't even get me started on that "saved" jobs bullcrap he was trumpeting so loudly, how do you honestly measure "saved" jobs? No I won't get started on that, but I hope the man is able to accomplish what I agree with him on, the others...maybe we can compromise on something.

If you are sincere about what you proposed tonight President Obama then good luck too ya, but if you are going to keep brow beating the opposition into the twisted idea of bipartisanship that has prevailed over the past year, then what can we really do? You people on both sides don't listen to us anymore anyway.

"All those folks in Washington, they just look out for number 1. And number 1 ain't you. You ain't even number 2." Frank Zappa The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing

Very well said Joe!!!!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Ohhh.. it was tonight?? OOPS.. I was clipping my nails...

Penn Digger

Reaction score
That "jobs saved" stuff is primarily BS. Here in PA the Fed Gov gave money to the state to rebuild roads and bridges. Bragged about how much money they gave PA. They didn't reveal that the monies were used primarily for Fed subsidized roads and bridges, no lacal or county roads or bridges. Many of these Fed subsidized roads and bridge projects were already scheduled well before the "Recovery Act." Voila, the money appeared and they even put up big fancy, expensive signs at these already scheduled projects to tell us that the previously scheduled projects were paid for with the new magical "American Recovery" funds. What a bunch of BS. The jobs were already there as the projects were already scheduled, the questions was just where would the money come from to pay for them. Give the money to the state to take care of Federal obligations in the state and then brag about how much money was given for PA roads! Nonsense!

RedGinger

Reaction score
I saw that about the signs on CNN yesterday and I agree they are a waste of money!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Fox News...SHOCKER...just released that a poll of American viewers revealed theat 87% of Ameicans felt BO's speech was "terrible." Wonder what CNN's poll would be?

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

Fox News...SHOCKER...just released that a poll of American viewers revealed theat 87% of Ameicans felt BO's speech was "terrible." Wonder what CNN's poll would be?

Wow I'm stunned that Fox News watchers would not like the President's speech. LOL! Just waiting on the Huffington Post poll where 98% felt he was "just freaking awesome cakes dude!" Political propaganda can be fun. LOL!

LC

Reaction score
I myself am sick of politicians that are on different sides , and people that think in those terms . And what Morb said about them taking care of them selves is even more sickening . The benefits they have slipped into bills for them selves is enough to make anyone wanna bend over and puke to have knowledge of it . They all need to be voted out of office next election and start over with some fresh meat to see if they can do better .What we need more than anything else as for running our government today is true Americans that will run America in the interest of and for the American people , not for themselves and their rich buddie's well being .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac