How do you replace top on bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

oldcrownbock

Reaction score
Wow now them are some replys lol I dont think I can cut bottle myself and would try on a dozen or so first before hitting my good one.The resin Idea looks more inviting if I do work it will be for display I never intend to sell it just around here Excelsior Centlivres bring $500+ I got less then 1/10 so figure could got $75-200 or so to repair it in this one and gonna send it to be cleaned see how it looks. Thanks again for your help and replys.

mtfarmer

Reaction score
Hey pal, I've also got a bottle that I've been contemplating as you are.........

Google "Montano's Glass Repair", get their e-mail address, and drop a note to Wayne. I think you'll be interested in what he has to say, and his price seems reasonable. They used to be in California, but have moved their operation to Idaho. I'm tempted just because I'd like to see what they can do, not because I hope to fool anyone. It will always simply be a repaired bottle, but if it increases the joy of owning it, who cares. Good luck![:)]

oldcrownbock

Reaction score
Thanks for info and called them and yes price is very resonable just need to decide route to take and or find donor and send out or try the resin method.

Thanks again so far you all been pretty helpful

druggistnut

Reaction score
Rick Kern (he used to post here) from Pennsylvania did a blob replacement for Bob (blobbottlebob) in Wisconsin, I think. I remember I sent a very light amber blob to Rick (used in the replacement/repair) and he posted before and after pics. If you go back about a year, you should be able to find it, in this forum.
I'm not 100% sure it was Bob, but the guy was very happy.
Bill

druggistnut

Reaction score
OK, I found the thread. Here it is. https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-111393/mpage-1/key-blob%2Ctop%2Camber%2Creplacement/tm.htm

Funny thing, Old crown, Tom also posted a picture of an Excelsior bottle in the same thread. What are the odds of that?
Bill

oldcrownbock

Reaction score
Hi Bill
I seen that thread along same work I need done.That is unusual mine is beer that one is soda? at moment I am leaning towards resin for work kinda scared to have bottle break since I will be adding to collection and have no intent on parting with it.I am still looking for someone to do work for me either way.

druggistnut

Reaction score
Hi Rick,
I think that Excelsior he showed is a soda, only because it's an aqua bottle.
I have a couple of bottles I need neck/top replacements on, also, and plan on doing it myself, sometime in the future. It's just another thing on hold right now, while a couple of other issues get settled.
If you find someone, please let me know.
Bill

oldcrownbock

Reaction score
I sent mine to be cleaned see how it turns out color and quality wise then go to next step with repair friends say leave it as is broken that is tough for me to do.I will let you know if find good place to do it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis