"From the hills of old Ky"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
BTW Charlie, I love that extract bottle you won on the Bay....Very cool

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Thanks Jim, it was an easy pick for me with the elongated neck and no other bidders!

Yeah this jug is overflowing with sentimental spirits, which is likely all it ever contained, I think it's a souvenir jug.. but it's fully glazed inside and would hold shine I'm sure, as well as Benson & Hedges 100's..[;)]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I ended up winning this one, so now I have a lovely young couple living with me.. as soon as this one arrives.. intact..

025C46FDF29344F19509256E47D3AFF1.jpg

athometoo

Reaction score
when it gets there , stuff it full of benson n hedges deluxe ultra light menthol . thats what my granny smoked and made me memorize it so when i went into the store to buy them for her i wouldnt get the wrong stuff . oh by the way i was 8 then . loved her very much though , she was always thinking and doing things for me . thanks for the memory flash charlie . sam

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Sounds like we had the same grandma, Sam!!! Only mine didn't care for menthol.. back then a pack cost 45 cents, she gave me a dollar.. I got to spend the rest on bazooka joe, jolly ranchers, etc.. man thems was good times...[:)]

athometoo

Reaction score
mine let me take all her coke emptys back with me and spend on candy . sometimes a six pack of quart emptys . god when i think of that old store and the big shed in the back full of 1000s of empty sodas , makes me wonder if there werent a few older ones people brought in . 1915 or 1923 hobbleskirts instead of the 1970s ones . now a taco bell sits where the store used to be . black and brown cows , sugar daddys were only ten cents . man those were the day . sam

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch