Senior Member Bottle Master stephengray's Avatar

Help with Happy Home Blood Purifier & Health Tonic

Can anybody help with this one? I have never seen it bofore. It is embossed Happy Home Blood Purifier and Health Tonic on one side panel and the other is Emmert Laboratories Chicago (this panel is from memory and I am sure it is not right, except Emmert and Chicago are). It is about 9.5" tall and in good shape with a little dirt still on it. For all I know it may be common as I do not deal with medicines too much. Thanks for any info. Stephen

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E570E3F7A9A9443D895B341C62354EF5.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master

RE: Help with Happy Home Blood Purifier & Health Tonic

COOL EMBOSSING! ONE I HAVE NOT HEARD OF BUT SOME ONE MAY HELP! JAMIE

Senior Member Bottle Master

I have not seen that one either and only found this - Emmert / Proprietary Co. Chicago ILL. /Uncle Sams / Nerve and Bone /Liniment /- Maybe a rare one and unlisted ? Will wait to see what the med experts know about it .

I've never seen one of these before either. Cool name! Bill Lindsey has it listed #117 in his list of Tonics. He may be able tell you more about it.

http://www.historicbottles.com/toniclist.htm

Mark

My great-great-grandfather, John Shut Emmert, was the owner of Emmert Proprietary Company in Chicago. He distributed numerous patent medicines, including Uncle Sam's Nerve &Bone Liniment Embrocation for Man & Beast, The Most Efficient Rubefacient Yet Discovered
    and Dr. Jaques German Worm Cakes and Dr. Winchell's Teething Syrup for Children.
    Mr. Emmert lived at 839 West Monroe Street in Chicago, Illinois, in 1888. I've never seen his products, only a few of his advertising cards.

Nice rare one