Help with Happy Home Blood Purifier & Health Tonic

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stephengray

Reaction score
Can anybody help with this one? I have never seen it bofore. It is embossed Happy Home Blood Purifier and Health Tonic on one side panel and the other is Emmert Laboratories Chicago (this panel is from memory and I am sure it is not right, except Emmert and Chicago are). It is about 9.5" tall and in good shape with a little dirt still on it. For all I know it may be common as I do not deal with medicines too much. Thanks for any info. Stephen

E570E3F7A9A9443D895B341C62354EF5.jpg

Attachments

• E570E3F7A9A9443D895B341C62354EF5.jpg
    E570E3F7A9A9443D895B341C62354EF5.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 236

Digswithstick

Reaction score
I have not seen that one either and only found this - Emmert / Proprietary Co. Chicago ILL. /Uncle Sams / Nerve and Bone /Liniment /- Maybe a rare one and unlisted ? Will wait to see what the med experts know about it .
m16.gif

markh

Reaction score
I've never seen one of these before either. Cool name! Bill Lindsey has it listed #117 in his list of Tonics. He may be able tell you more about it.

http://www.historicbottles.com/toniclist.htm

Mark

SisterMaggie

Reaction score
My great-great-grandfather, John Shut Emmert, was the owner of Emmert Proprietary Company in Chicago. He distributed numerous patent medicines, including [FONT=&amp]Uncle Sam's Nerve &Bone Liniment Embrocation for Man & Beast, The Most Efficient Rubefacient Yet Discovered
and [FONT=&amp]Dr. Jaques German Worm Cakes and Dr. Winchell's Teething Syrup for Children.
Mr. Emmert lived at 839 West Monroe Street in Chicago, Illinois, in 1888. I've never seen his products, only a few of his advertising cards.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

stephengray

Reaction score
My great-great-grandfather, John Shut Emmert, was the owner of Emmert Proprietary Company in Chicago. He distributed numerous patent medicines, including [FONT=&amp]Uncle Sam's Nerve &Bone Liniment Embrocation for Man & Beast, The Most Efficient Rubefacient Yet Discovered
and [FONT=&amp]Dr. Jaques German Worm Cakes and Dr. Winchell's Teething Syrup for Children.

Mr. Emmert lived at 839 West Monroe Street in Chicago, Illinois, in 1888. I've never seen his products, only a few of his advertising cards.[/FONT]

[/FONT]
Thanks for the info! Have you been able to get any of his bottles?

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
Nice bottle but seems like a long time ago you posted this? Took 9years to find an answer! Lol

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora