slyng bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
afternoon everyone
hope someone can help me with one of my purchases from this weekend. i found this at the fleamarket. i haven't seen many large acls around here and it was in super shape. it's called "SLYNG". on the back it has bottled by lucky strike ginger ale co. nashua, n.h.
i don't believe it's a ginger ale because of the ingredients listed on the back. any info would be helpful.

Ay74798.jpg

madman

Reaction score
cool bd nice find its sling right?? mike

bubbas dad

Reaction score
thanks madman. thats the way i would say it. can't find any info on it. only thing i found was on the museum of beverage container web site. they have the name listed but nothing else.

JoeSimoneau

Reaction score
Hey bubbas dad,
Just wanted to let you know that what you have there is a piece of my family's history. My Great Grand Father, and namesake, Joseph W. Simoneau started Lucky Strike Ginger Ale Company in 1922. Slyng was a signature flavor, very similar to Sprite. We closed down the plant in 1986 thanks in part to competition and due to the high cost of converting to cans/plastic. I have many bottles of many varieties stored; if you're interested let me know! Its very cool to see that they reached as far as South Carolina in as good condition as that!

morbious_fod

Reaction score
I've seen enough of these to make me sick over the past few years. Apparently quite a few of these ended up in the the Sevierville tn area, and that's where cases of them sit today. It's a great design, but I don't think they are all that rare. If you like it and you didn't pay much for it then enjoy.

splante

Reaction score
I think its pretty cool that BubbasDad post about the slyng bottle , and bang joesimoneau joins today and has the family connection and info on the bottle. this website never dissapoints..

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky