26 oz Goldfields Salad Oil

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

oz-riley

Reaction score
Dug a good bottle last Thursday after a trip into a creek we have been working for while.
A nice 26 oz 10 panelled Goldfields Salad Oil, would date 1850's, 1860's somewhere around there.
This is the best early bottle we have found in this spot however we have dug a heap of broken Goldfields bottles.

Thanks
Chris

Nl29126.jpg

Attachments

• Nl29126.jpg
    Nl29126.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 131

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
NICE bottle Chris! I need to start digging creeks if they all come out looking like that! All of mine are 3 feet under with a lot of iron, leaded tin cans , and the like. They are all so sick you can't even read the embossment sometimes. Had to jump off and buy a tumbler from the Jar Doctor. Just pulled my first two off the machine and MAN what a difference!! Looks like they just came off the shelf 130 years ago. A good investment.... just be a long time paying for itself. LOL! Good hunting, Kelley

IRISH

Reaction score
That did clean up well [:D] , that will be the sixth good bottle you have found within a few feet of me lately [:-] , my turn for the good one next week [;)] .

Gunsmoke47, most bottles do come out of creeks mint, one of the good things I like about digging them.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi