Some of the collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
Killer. Nice glass. Clevenger did a really good job of copying the style of those pitchers. We have one in amber. The only difference I can tell is that Clevenger didn't have a decorative curl on the tail of the handle. Very nice and thanks again.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Greg here are shards from the second Stiegel glass works in Manheim Pennsylvania.You can see the bright greenish cast on two of the piece's.
I wonder if the Pennsylvania bottle collectors association is still in existance.There seems to be only a small handfull of forum members
that collect older American made glass.
Sometimes I am really surprised at the lack of interest in general on glass collectors parts in our countrys early glass works.
Most of the members here at the forum love pontils and where better then a 1700s bottle will you find a greater looking one.
All factors regaurding older glass are attractive to the collector,rarity,crudness,color,and what should be last in anyones mind that truley loves the
hobby value and even there the older colonial bottles are worth a lot more relatively sheerly as an investment.I found it dishearting to talk about these older
glass works sometimes here at the forum because of zero interest on members behalfs.I am not mad at that notion just disapointed I cant share the information attained with anyone with same desires except you Greg. As far as I am awhere of you are it, (By the way)your collection is excellent.
It should be in a museum one day.
My collection of glass early in life as a teen was a late 1800s collection.In time the average age dropped to the 1850s to 70s.
Once I aquired my first colonial glass bottle I never looked back.When I return to the hobby I will still seek E G Booz bottles,historical flasks and colonial glass.There is nothing like holding something from our countrys begining's.

CF8FD3525D844B5FAF5E7979065AD75F.jpg

Attachments

• CF8FD3525D844B5FAF5E7979065AD75F.jpg
    CF8FD3525D844B5FAF5E7979065AD75F.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 89

potstone

Reaction score
Thank you very much Steve, I take everything you said as a
compliment. I very much appreciate it. It is difficult to find
what I consider, "Students Of Early Glass". You are one of the
few and a very good one at that. I think that I invested almost
as much in reference books and other related material as I
invested into glass. You know very well how much time it
takes reading, researching and cross referencing information,
in attempts to find answers to our own questions. That is one of the reasons I also collect 18th century glass from Europe and the
Mediterranean. It gives me an idea of how the same influences
in technique and form began in our Colonial glass houses.
You can see how all the different techniques and styles from
European/Mediterranean glass blowers coming together
and in time created the forms we see today in our early glass.

girlie

Reaction score
Drools...your collection really goes well with that cabinet..5 stars!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi