pulled my post off?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

reptilekeeper

Reaction score
I posted for some info on a KKK medallion I found a few weeks back...I noticed the post has been pulled. I am sorry if I offended anyone with the post...not my intention!

I must say that it has been hell trying to find out anything about it...may be BAD history...but it is US History.

Again I appolagize if the post offended anyone!

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it wasn't the post itself. Just one of those things that people can get very opinionated and upset about. Probably just preventative maintenance. There's nothing in this world I hate more then racism and bigotry, but KKK and Nazi paraphernalia are US and world history and have their place in collections and museums. What WW2 collection would be complete without a Nazi armband or Hitler's Youth dagger, ya know. I'd personally smash any KKK stuff I ever found.

coreya

Reaction score
it is a shame when items of historical importance or that shape a time period no matter how repulsive cant be shown and discussed. As history is re-written by the politicaly correct crowd we will forget the lesons of the past and the future will be twice as bad. just my humble opinion!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Louis,

I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with your initial post. Which, if I remember correctly, did not have a photo of your find attached. Maybe if you post a picture this time, it can be viewed as an historical artifact, and not an op-ed soapbox...

190209-StPatricksDay01_Thumb.jpg

bawtils

Reaction score
It is a way of sterilizing the way we think. It is "MY" forum and I will not allow you to speak your mind. I want you to play by "MY" rules and not have a voice. Although I do not agree with the KKK or anyone that is affiliated with the group, I hate that a moderator uses this to suppress the negative. I think that we are all adults here and I feel that everyone should be able to express their own thoughts. AS a mass, we police the way we all feel about any given subject. Book burnings come to mind when I see this. The moderator is doing a disservice to the way things work otherwise. Sorry, but the truth often hurts.

This is coming from someone born and raised from Mississippi. I definitely do not agree or sympathize with the KKK, but I do believe in our Constitution and better yet, I hate feeling like I am being babysat. We are all adults here, so act like it.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
As the alltime leading post's are banned and member get's banned member,it does'nt take a whole lot to get banned or have your post pulled here at the forum.I can see why some of my attempt at humor posts were banned but from what you describe there was no harm done by you here.As you stated it is part of our US history and should be able to be discussed openly. I cant imagine part of your post asking if any of the current forum members were in the klan and had they ever seen this medalion at a meeting they had possibly attended? That would have qualified you for a banned member award or at least a nomination. [;)]Keep posting reptilekeeper,Question for you, what kind of reptiles do you have.I have a 2 and a half foot circumference snapper turtle in my back yard pond that is eating all the koi ,Goldfish and Frogs.My son wants to bring back some gekos from Florida to New Jersey here.I told him I am not going to be charged with interstate transportation of an insurance company endangered species.[8D]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The rules of the forum are clear. People had to agree to them to join.
The moderators do not moderate too much or too little.
I see no problems.

woody

Reaction score
I deleted the post in question because two forum members were about to start WWIII.
If you want to post the topic again, then, by all means do it.
If it gets out of hand with name calling and beligerancy, then I will have to do what moderators do.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Like I always say: with a sense of discipline, a shiny pair of boots, and a spanking short haircut, there's nothing that cannot be achieved ! Dignity and decency will prevail here, or else I am gone....!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi