Fredericksburg Brewery

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

49erFrank

Reaction score
From my dump, I pulled out this beer. Really heavy glass, deep red amber. Embossed Property of/Fredericksburg/Brewery/San Jose Cal. Have found fragments of three others of same kind. Tooled top. Anyone know anything about this brewery?

0DFA71B86740485FA9863246E359B4E8.jpg

Attachments

• 0DFA71B86740485FA9863246E359B4E8.jpg
    0DFA71B86740485FA9863246E359B4E8.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 84

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
The best of the "Freddies" are blood red, heavily whittled, and have an applied top. Yours is the same embossing, but slightly later if it has a tooled top.

BarbaraInCalif

Reaction score
Hey Frank...I've looked at all your pictures, not only to admire your finds, but also trying to guess where in California you are! Don't worry, I'm not a bottle stalker (or maybe I am?!), it's just a game I like to play.

So here's my detective work:
Foothills (Coast or Sierra?)
Sierra's (because of the 49er reference in your name, though you may just be a football fan)
Gold Country (again the 49er name)
From there, pretty much all the foothill area has the same vegetation, so it's time for a guess...around Oroville?
Am I even close??

Barbara (in Lodi)

BarbaraInCalif

Reaction score
Oh oh...did I scare Frank away? If so, I'm truely sorry.

Saw a similar Fredericksburg bottle with an applied blob also from San Jose at an antique store.
What would a reasonable price be for buying it?

Many thanks,
Barbara

49erFrank

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the input. Doug, now I think I might know what the remains of a green beer-shaped bottle I found were! Cool, that will keep me digging.

CALDIGR2, mine is tooled & from the other finds in the same strata I'm guessing 1880's. Really heavy glass, deep red amber, moderate whittle. Now I'll look for the applied top version.

BarbaraInCalif. Sorry I'm tardy, but I honestly forgot I made this post! I'm in the little burg of Vallecito, pop.300 in Calaveras County. Between Angels Camp & Murphys @ 1800 foot elevation. I'd probably let you help digging, but depending what you found, I might want to keep it myself! Just got another shot of rain, so I'll be back at it for another few days, looks like.

BarbaraInCalif

Reaction score
Are you serious! We (retired hubby) and I would love to help dig!
Wouldn't expect to take home anything but the dirt on our shoes...really just want to help and see how it is done.
We're a bit over a 1 hour drive away, which is like close neighbors when you consider that most forum members are east of the Rockies.

Between farm work and Easter there isn't a lot of free time until the middle of next week, but with more storms expected the ground should remain good for diggin'.

Thanks!
Barbara

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94