Jenny Lind Flask Repro?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ryan13

Reaction score
I just bought this flask today. I am looking for any information on whether this is a reproduction. I looked up a little, and found some discussion about Clevenger Brothers. Mine is marked CB on the bottom, so I believe that it was reproduced. The front says "Jenny Lind" and the back says "Fislerville Glassworks. Even if it was reproduced, does anyone know possible value, whether it is worth anything at all. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lj21603.jpg

Attachments

• Lj21603.jpg
    Lj21603.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 189

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Lobey is correct on your flask . It is a repro ! These came in many different colors. If you are selling it.....you might try ebay. I had an identical flask in cobalt blue that sold on ebay for 45.00 ( I picked it up at the local flea market for 6.00 ) . So you never know ... It might be a color a collector needs for his run of Jenny Lind repros ) .
Brian

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Brian S, it's true you never know but you mentioned the magic word...cobalt. I still see Bromos going for $5 or more and it has to be just for that.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Here's a cobalt blue currently listed on Ebay as being Clevenger Bros...but I think it's the Czech repo circa 1920's with the longer gloppy neck.

Yw68180.jpg

Attachments

• Yw68180.jpg
    Yw68180.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 180

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Another Jenny calabash. Saw it on Ebay...this is the Empire Glass Works variaton... (Made In Italy), repo.

Xv64324.jpg

Attachments

• Xv64324.jpg
    Xv64324.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 213

Rick

Reaction score
I had a nice AQUA (not blue) with debris in the glass. It looked like an original. The bad thing is, someone broke it. I'd love to find another in aqua, doubt I ever will.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
RICK...welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you had an original Jenny...they're not that hard to find nor are they all that expensive. They do turn up at shows occasionally and on Ebay...keep yer eyes peeled.

Rick

Reaction score
The one I have is a one piece (no applied top) and doesn't have a pontil. I'm pretty sure it was an early repro. I also have an Albany flask in the same exact color (actually I bought them both at the same time, from the same collector for about $10)

deepwoods

Reaction score
Are ALL Jenny Lind Fislervilles repros? And are any pontiled?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky