Horshoe Forestry Company

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dygger60

Reaction score
First off....fantastic jar!! I am from the Adirondack Mountions in upstate NY. That is a great item ti have.

I have never seen a jar like that before...and believe me, I have combed hundreds of mom and pop antique shops up there in the summer time.

But even if it was a product jar, I dont know why that would keep it from being listed in the Red Book series.
There are MANY product jars listed,,,,,,lots of them.

One right off the top of my head is the Globe Tobacco jar....there are many medical and poison jars listed in the Red Books....

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Thanks a million Aaron for checking your Redbook for me. I agree David there are lots of product jars listed in the Redbook. If used for anything it was their wild berry preserves or maple syrup. Very scenic part of the country and I hope to visit the museum some day. There are two jars to put in Dougs book, the one I have and the other variation pictured. Mine is a pint, I need to find out if the other is a pint or a half pint. Now that you know its out there, I hope you find one!

adkbuyer

Reaction score
Low water bottle

Here is their water bottle, I think he patented this one.

3EC085DD9597463980C4D510058A05F5.jpg
would you sell this bottle ?

sdw

Reaction score
Your jar is nice it is listed in RB 12 page 4 #18-5 50 to 75 dollars.

JForshey

Reaction score
I know this is a really old post, but I'm just catching up.
It's in Red book 11. Adirondack Mts (arch) Virgin Forest Trade (horse shoe & trees) Mark Hose shoe Forestry Co, Horse shoe St Lawrence Co N.Y. Base: unmarked; lid unknown Ground lip, mason shoulder seal. Squat PT Clear. $50-75

adkbuyer

Reaction score
This is the jar I got for my birthday. Melinda had pointed it out, thanks Melinda and its not listed in Redbook #9 (can someone look in 10). I put it next to the flauccus for size but it holds exactly a pint up to the shoulder, a bit more than the flauccus. The Horseshoe Forestry Company was run by A.A. Low an inventer who at the time of his death had more patents than anyone except Thomas Edison. He had a railroad built into Horseshoe and then sold it to a nearby railroad for a dollar. Besides running a logging operation the company also put out maple syrup, wild berry preserves, elderberry wine, and bottled water.

DEA60BB8C16C4176B72CAFCE8EE061E0.jpg
cobaltbot,

I have a few of the jars in different forms,searching for the holy grail water bottle

Reaction score
Hi : It's in my Redbook #12. Number 18-5 Comes in a squat Pint and 1/4 Pint Listed at $50.00 - $75.00

MapleMatt

Reaction score
This jar was one of a variety of bottles and jars from A.A. Low's Horse Shoe Forestry Company in the Adirondacks of northern New York. They were primarily used to sell maple syrup and maple candies, but also jams and preserves. The Horse Shoe Forestry Company operated from 1897 to 1910 and at the time was the world's largest single sugarbush and maple syrup operation. There were 11 different shapes and sizes of the Horse Shoe Forestry Company glass and also a special, very rare spring water bottle. I have done extensive research on the Horse Shoe Forestry Company and have written a number of articles on its history and am the author of the book "A Sugarbush Like None Other: Adirondack Maple Syrup and The Horse Shoe Forestry Company." The book is available on eBay, Here is a clip from that book discussing Horse Shoe glass with a few photos from my collection.

Attachments

• MMT - HSFCbook bottle and jar clip.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 38

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi