Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Bottle Master

RE: CLEVENGER BROS.

Bought 2 of these at a flea market today $5.00 each. Base marked CB ( Clevenger Bros), and has a pontil scar.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Xv63570.jpg  

Hi Charlie .... handsome looking Clevenger !
    Out of curiosity ...... Can you see a ghosted Simon's Centennial Bitters , or maybe where it was slug plated or peened from the mold ????
    I have heard of several Clevenger Simon's having ghosted letters.
    Thanks , Brian

BRIAN...have seen ones like you noted before. These two just have a blank strip at the base with no sign of peening or ghost letters.

Clevenger Bros - Eagle/Grapes flasks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 259C3C52CC4B484CA60E207EE009569A.jpg  

I had intended this thread to be mainly about Clevenger, but I seem to have taken it into other categories as well...as it seemed easier at the time to just continue on this one...hmmmm.
    Maybe I can get the title changed?

Anyways: ever go in Ebay and in the Search bar ,type Bitters? I did recently and most of the "bitters" were either Wheaton or repos.[:o]

EXample:these are a couple of "Fantasy Bitters". I have seen these before with TCW embossed upon the base..indicating it is a Wheaton bottle.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ki20226.jpg  

Here's a Crownford China Co. marked bottle with label, that is a repo of the Warner's Safe Kidney & Liver Cure, but in green!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Xv63181.jpg  

ORIGINAL Simon's Centennial Bitters/Bust of Washington. Last time I looked it was over $800.00 on Ebay.

Lots of differences between this authentic one and the Clevenger Bros. example above, huh...yep.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bz77723.jpg  

Hey Charlie ,
    Yeah I saw that one ! It was under 300.00 for awhile.....I thought I might bid on it.
    It's over 1300.00 now , if I remember correctly. That's still darn cheap for an original !
    Brian

BRIAN...I don't know if $1300 is cheap or not. Been a while since I "saw" any sold. To tell the truth: I'd rather have a Queen tho ...LOL.

Clevenger Bros. Eagle/Grapes flasks. The one on the left is a Historical Bottle Collectors of Va Commemorative.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 07A718FCF0244B58B1A6F14E6505B3DB.jpg  

Yeah , The Queens have always been one of my favorite figurals !
    I saw a Simon's in Amber at Knoxville Show with a 3200.00 price tag on it.
    Brian

Heard the Knoxville show is no more...seems the place increased the rent 15% this year and were going up another 15% next year. Larry Acuff reportedly said "no way" and gave it up...[&:]

This could be just a rumor but I got it from a relaible source. Maybe by next June Larry will have changed his mind...who knows?

Clevenger Bros. Stoddard type decanters and one appears to be a botched attempt at a pitcher.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 38AD5888BDC5470AA01BD5B741CBCDCB.jpg