BOTTLE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

olddump

Reaction score
THIS WAS DUG IN CAPE MAY FROM A DUMP THAT COVERS 1860 TO 1890s CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION ON IT? AQUA VER CRUDE RUNNY GLASS QUART SIZE MILK LIKE SHAPE THE EMBOSSING IS LARGE S AND J WITH A V AND A FISH IN IT REALLY A GREAT BOTTLE THANK YOU MUCH TOM OLDDUMP

Fd92926.jpg

Attachments

• Fd92926.jpg
    Fd92926.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 73

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Tom . . .

Zumwalt lists this as from
J.V.SHARP
WILLIAMSTOWN
NEW JERSEY

Zumwalt says the following:
The J. V. Sharp Canning Company was started in Williamstown in about 1865. The company was reported to have sold tomato products as the pictured label does indicate.

Bodine Thomas Glass Works was located at Williamstown and would suspect they furnished the glass containers as advertisements in 1867 indicated "Pickle and Preserve Jars."

Zumwalt suggests this is a "rare" bottle (fewer than 100 known in 1980). She also suggests that this bottle is bottom-embossed which you don't mention.

-------------Harry Pristis

olddump

Reaction score
THANK YOU THAT IS REALLY GOOD TO KNOW THE BOTTOM IS NOT EMBOSSED AT ALL THOUGH AS YOU CAN SEE ALL THOSE HUGE BUBBLES NON BROKEN EITHER, DOES TUMBLING HURT THOSE KIND OF BUBBLES? THANKS FOR EVERYTHING TOM

Xv64413.jpg

Attachments

• Xv64413.jpg
    Xv64413.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 80

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Yes that one is old so your other one should be, I can't find anything on that. You have good eyes I spotted the SJV but not the fish, but then I did. Could you always post want is on bottom as the bottlemakers mark may be there and we get you a name and a year. Guess we are going to see some nice glass from you, How exciting it must be to find an old dump like that. Someone will figue that SJV and a fish I am sure.

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Yes I see that nothing on bottom but sometimes there is, I can see the bottle has been blown into a mold, so tell us how far the seems go up the bottled before they stop. If you look in the furms, there is a site about cleaning. If you listened to me you would have a broken bottle. The huge bubbles will make the bottle worth more. Nice

olddump

Reaction score
THE SEAMS STOP ABOUT AN INCH FROM THE LIP I HAD HEARD ABOUT THE SJV BUT CAN'T FIGURE TAMATOS AND THE FISH AND IT SURE IS A FISH NO DOUBT IT MAY HAVE SOMTHING TO DO WITH THE BOTTLE MAKER AS I HAVE A CROSS PEN INK BOTTLE WITH A FISH TOO I THINK. DOES IT LOOK THE SAME TO YOU?

Pn37527.jpg

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Well quess it does not matter at this point, Harry solved it and he indicated "Canning" company. that makes me think they canned a lot of different things in their bottles, And as Harry stated you have a winner. Good for you,
David

olddump

Reaction score
YES HE DID AND I REALLY THANK HARRY FOR EVERYTHING.AND OF COURSE IT MATTERS TO ME WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT I HAVE BOTTLES THAT ARE PRETTY COMMON BUT THEY ARE WINNERS TO ME. I THANK ANYONE WHO TAKES THE TIME TO HELP ME IN ANY WAY AND THANK YOU BUT DON'T TRY TO TELL ANYONE WHAT THEY WANT TO KNOW DOES NOT MATTER IT DOES'NT MATTER TO YOU AND JUST YOU SO THANKS BUT HOLD THAT STUFF O.K.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu