INFORMATION

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

olddump

Reaction score
CAN ANYONE TELL ME APPROX. MADE DATE CONTENTS AND ANY OTHER INFO ON THIS OLD BOTTLE IT IS AVERY GREEN OLIVE 11&1/4 INCHES TALL THE LIP IS JUST A SLIGHT EXPANTION OF THE NECK FROM THE SHOULDERS DOWN IT HAS WOOD GRAIN TYPE WHITTLE THE BOTTOM IS INDENTED WITH A GRAINY LOOK TO IT [SAND?] ALL THE SHOULDERS ARE UNEVEN AND CRUDE FORMED FROM THE BLOW PIPE THE COLOR IS AN OLD GREEN OLIVE THANK YOU TOM OLDDUMP

Jg14324.jpg

Attachments

• Jg14324.jpg
    Jg14324.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 107

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Looks to me to be a reproduction or foreign bottle, but the way you describe it that would be old. How far do seams go up bottle and is there anything on the bottom.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
This bottle looks to me like an olive oil/salad oil bottle. I did not find it figured in Zumwalt's book. Perhaps one of the British or Australian diggers will recognize it.

----------Harry Pristis

olddump

Reaction score
THERE IS NO SEAM ON THIS AND NO THERE IS'NT ANYTHING ON THE BOTTOM I KNOW IT'S NOT A REPO AS THE PLACE IT WAS DUG WAS A 1860s TO1890s DUMP. IT'S BEEN A GREAT DIG AT THIS DUMP I HAVE TAKEN BETTER THAN A THOUSAND BOTTS FROM THERE. HEY THIS IS A REALLY GREAT PLACE TO TALK BOTTLES THANK YOU MUCH TOM OLDDUMP [THAT IS MY E-BAY NAME]

oz-riley

Reaction score
I have seen similar shaped bottles with a glass seal called Zara Seals, they come in a few sizes, the bottle you have pictured does look like a Zara bottle in shape, most of the Zara bottles I have seen held Olive Oil.
It may not be a Zara bottle but it could still be an Olive Oil.
here is one on ebay at the moment
Zara Seal bottle

Thanks
Chris

IRISH

Reaction score
Hey Chris,
I thought that Zara seal bottles had some sort of spirit in them? they may well be olive oil, don't the three that someone found in a house in Tasmania have grog lables on them? .

oz-riley

Reaction score
some of the zara bottles could have held a spirit, on closer inspection the one in the ebay auction held Maraschino which I think is an Alcohol.

Thanks
Chris

olddump

Reaction score
YOU CAN SEE I'M NEW I HAVE PLENTY TO ASK ABOUT AND THIS IS A GOLD MINE OF GOOD PEOPLE AND INFO SO PUY UP WITH ME FOR AWHILE THANKS. DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT BALTIMORE BOTTS THIS IS A ROXBURY RYE, GEO.T.GIMBALL,BALTIMORE MD. IT IS SQARE QUART CLEAR GLASS MOLD BLOWN ARE THERE MANY AND YEARS IN OPPERATION ECT. THANK YOU

Kh17820.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown