Figural Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

web44ca

Reaction score
Here is my new website on French glass figurals of the late Victorian period.

http://antiquebottlesweb44.com/

It is my first website, comments good or bad are welcome

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Those figurals are incredible. Some of the best examples of glass work I have seen.
Ok, some things to make it flow a bit better. Place the info of each of the images below the image so they don't compete for space with the Home, Prev, Next buttons. They continuously move around because of that.

The B/W background works well with your images. I do love the background for the index page.
You could take away the coke can out of the image for size comparison. A measurement will suffice.

Will you be doing French figurals only or will you eventually expand out to others?
I think you're off to a good start, especially in the bottles. Anyone would be proud to have a set like that.

Wangan

Reaction score
Unreal artwork! My favorite is the hand holding the bottle.It reminds me of the many pictures I have seen right on this site doing the same thing! If you know the process,I would like to know how they frost part of the bottle and leave the rest clear.I am amazed. -Tim

web44ca

Reaction score
Appreciate your comments, yes, you are right on the money in regards to the placement of the text & links, site is still under construction, & I don't have complete control of the website builder yet, hince the awkward arrangement of the text, yes, most likely the French figurals is it, I'm retired now & must face the reality as a collector, it has been a wonderful forty years. Ron

web44ca

Reaction score
Thanks Tim, glad you liked the bottles, although I'm not exactly sure of the process for the frosted & clear bottles, my quess is after the bottle is completed in clear, they would coat the areas that are to remain clear with a protective coating & then dip the entire bottle in some mixture of light acid, to etch the glass surface. I totally agree with you on the clear & frosted figurals, they are amazing, even after collecting bottles for forty years, I'm blown away by them. Ron

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well my new friend - I hope. Welcome to this forum. And we need to have some more correspondence regarding glass and goals in the field of glass collecting. RED Matthews

web44ca

Reaction score
Hi Red : Enjoyed my brief visit to your website, must be one of the most comprehensive bottle sites I have come across, for the moment, my priority is to get my site out there in cyperspace, didn't think the search engines indexing would be so time consuming. Ron

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Ron,

Welcome to the boards. Thanks for introducing yourself via this super website that you've created.

My only critique would be the inclusion of that Coke can in one photo. Kinda jarring in the proximity of that beautiful French glass, to my eyes. Maybe an apple, for color and size comparison...

F.F.%20-%20012.jpg
What can you tell us about these two? The Legras is magnificent to my eyes! I've added your site to my list of faves. Thanks.

have_gun.jpg

web44ca

Reaction score
Wow!!! I'm starting to turn a shade of the bottle colors shown ... thank you, Surfaceone, for your comments ... several viewers have commented on the coke can & I like your suggestion of the apple ... certainly a bit more classic ... no pun attended.

The "Tower of Babel" bottle made by Francois Legras is usually found in a clear color ... was made for only fifteen years ... comes in the 13in. only ... it held a cognac / brandy called "Old Fantasy"

The "Hand and Dagger" bottle made by Verrerie Sauvageot comes in two sizes ... 11.5 & 8.5ins. ... again usually found in clear ... both are hard to find in color.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis