Let's stop this seller...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hello all who know bottles -
Below are links to some auctions on eBay. The first two are completeed auctions and the third is one that is a recent listing. Notice the final price on the first two auctions. [:-][:-][:-] These are three day auctions that are put up to fool the buyer into thinking they are getting a set of older and early glass bottles. This is far from the truth, because all are modern. I was going to contact the buyers, bidders and seller, but thought the readers here would like to see an example of some of the items that need to be policed on eBay.

Feel free to contact those involved. I may if time allows.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10951&item=6542128317

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10951&item=6543175816

Ongoing auction---------
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10951&item=6544892116&rd=1

whiskeyman

Reaction score
MEECH...if you contact the seller and/or buyers and are reported to Ebay, you risk getting suspended for auction interference.

I'd advise letting Ebay know about this seller and let them handle it....
Ebay may not do anything, but at least you tried...and you won't be suspended.

Caveat Emptor...."let the buyer beware".

I hate to sound callous, but if a person is going to collect "anything", they need to educate themselves as best they can. The Net makes that so much easier than when we were beginners.

I had to learn about everything the hard way, but newbies now have the advantage of this Forum to assist/advise.

trussin

Reaction score
Whiskeys right. I was sold a repro water cooler with the date 1984 embossed on the bottom. I contacted all of her current auctions and then was reported. I wasnt suspended but I was the one in trouble. go figure. Joe B

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Very true Whiskey .
trussin very sad to hear that.

I was about to edit my post above, but thought I should leave it so your replies make sense. I may have jumped the gun and probably should have said "contact eBay" because it is this sort of problem auction only they can handle or resolve. I have contacted many sellers notifing them of repros, vast age differences, markings they think are pontil scars or marks and so on. Most just end the auction early. I also tell them where my info. is coming from to varify my words. I feel that many, if not all of those emails sent were to sellers who were not aware of what they were selling and some admit this in their description. The seller above is fabricating a story while passing/auctioning these.

Sorry, but this sort of auctioning is wrong to me. Just my opinion. Maybe I shouldn't have brought this up, but this is a part of the hobby that doesn't need to or should happen.

Any other thoughts on this?

trussin

Reaction score
Flasch,
Your approch makes sense to me. Ebay had the problem. Gotta love em. Joe B

whiskeyman

Reaction score
MEECH...it is wrong...no doubt. How to end it is the problem for which I have no answer. Unless you have a "dog in the race", you can't file fraud or any other kind of complaints.

Some buyers don't like to admit they were taken.
Some sellers will stop or correct their auction, but guys like this one would only report you....maybe even claim you're harrassing him.

I used to contact sellers or buyers and point out "errors"...got my heinie chewed a couple of times...got sent a nasty virus once...got "pink-slapped" by Ebay.
I finally quit...[&:]

Oh...and I almost forgot...one seller I contacted, had a friend buy something from me....and even though the buyer got her goods, she still NEGGED me for poor customer service. I still wear that NEG too...[:mad:]

(to her.."poor Customer service" meant not getting her item in 3 days during the Christmas Holidays)...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu