Tom on the phone, "Gotta go, I'm digging the best dump of my life!"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
RE:Wangan.. PLEASE STAY TUNED...

ORIGINAL: Wangan

Well Joe,I got a picture of the "barrel hammer".Im not sure if it was to make a barrel but maybe to make the hoops.Ill have to investigate further.

390B9871EDBB4DB293569B2BC44BE7A6.jpg

Tim,...Lauren and I just finished watching a PBS historical television series show on archeologists, excavating Thomas Jeffersons home (Monticello) they were focusing on the slave quarters and showed and early illustration of slaves making barrels,...guess what one of em' was holding?...yep a hammer just like this one. Thought you might like to know. Joe

Wangan

Reaction score
RE: RE:Wangan.. PLEASE STAY TUNED...

Thanks Joe,
That is something else! Interesting info.! I always wondered about the black-cooper connection.[:D]

This guy seemed sure a local antique dealer would want it because he(the dealer) is into tools.Evidently the dealer collects house building tools.This flea market guy has a good handle on antiques which is why I think he was disappointed it didnt sell.He knew it was real old and that dealer would probably snatch it up.

They had something on the History Channel like that archy dig.Very interesting! -Tim

mr.fred

Reaction score
RE: RE:I heard that the building came down today!

ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

According to Penn Digger, They finally began tearing her down today....Debris is mostly still there, but they will finish early next week... Updates to come.[;)]
I heard that also-------they said you could hear Bromos breaking 2 city blocks away-----Trolls running the streets[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=tongue.gif]-------------Fred.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Ten months later, same neighborhood, different drug store being dug. Who would have thought doing some research could pan out like this Joe? I am referring to the current "Spring fling" thread although at present I do not have the same feel about this new dig. Time will tell? It seems we are always rushed on these sort of digs as the building is being torn down and covered over or in this case rehabbed into a new business where dirty cob webbed bottle bums will not be welcomed to come crawling out of the floor.

PD
[align=left] [/align]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
although at present I do not have the same feel about this new dig.

What chu talkin' about boy! You're the cool logic guru (and resident pessimist),....I'm the 'fly by the seat of my pants' bottle finder![:D] We'll just have to see when all the dust and cobwebs settle, who's right.

A236E0546AD3407D96858B8EBBA88A6F.jpg

Attachments

• A236E0546AD3407D96858B8EBBA88A6F.jpg
    A236E0546AD3407D96858B8EBBA88A6F.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 49

RedGinger

Reaction score
You have to keep trying, Tom. A lot of times, I never find anything. I've seen you find some great bottles when you least expected it. Good thing Joe was able to find it on the Sanborns and print it. Knowing what was there gives me hope that I will find something too. I hope we can all go back this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky