What Was In It?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
We had to revisit this for an update to all those still having questions regarding this bottle. Just got off the phone with our go-to expert (Thank you Jerry, always a pleasure talking with you)

As noted above, the article from Mike Dickman back in '06 regarding this bottle, contained laudanum. The shape of the bottle was a warning of not that it was a poison, but to use caution as there is potential overdose from the product. The same goes for the KH-26/27 I have mentioned before in a previous post about those 2 bottles (though they contained a laxative)

Now, Jerry has 2 of these bottles with labels. These note not laudanum, but Quinine Sulfate, a treatment for Malaria. Again, the shape was of a warning that there is a potential of an overdose if not taken correctly. It was not a poison.

Still, a nice bottle regardless and will still be referred to many as the KT-14. There is a larger size of this bottle as well and are very hard to find.

glass man

Reaction score
NICE INFO STEPHEN!! NEVER SAW A LARGE SIZE...THAT WOULD BE COOL... POST ONE IF YOU EVER COME ACROSS ONE...I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED THE EMBOSSING ON THESE BOTTLES...JAMIE

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I will if I find one...but yesterday was the first I have heard of them and Jerry is the only one I now know to have one. Joan (our editor) had one, but recently broke it, so now she is on the hunt for a replacement as well.

namzug2

Reaction score
I enjoy this talkI learn a lot and absorb the knowlege. I mature much faster. as well as those around me. Thankyou thankyou thankyou

#1twin

Reaction score
I once dug 16 of those little jewels in the same spot. Some of them are a deep dark purpleish color which I would assume makes them more valuable and desireable to collectors. They were all corkers, in the same small size as the one here. I have only seen the larger size in a bottle show in Metarie, La. I think mine all say Patent Applied for and none have poison on them. Hope this helps, Marvin

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac