"Dump find"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hi Mike,...Thanks for the kind remarks,....The seat was a Wal-mart special,....But made by "Bell" Co. and decent quality,...I think it's just a retro style seat. It's firm, but comfy and way more supportive than regular bike seats....It works on this one well, because the other seat's are thinner for intense pedaling, or sport type riding, I'll only have to worry on that if I see one of those above mentioned bears.[:D] It was under 20.00$

Here's a link to another one that I was considering...... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vitesse-Deluxe-Cruiser-Seat/5007606

mdavenport

Reaction score
Thanks, Joe... that is the exact seat I've been thinking about. I think I'll give it a try on the strength of your recommendation. Last month we actually had a young bear wandering around in downtown Asheville for a few hours. Fortunately his mom never came looking for him and he wandered back off into the hills.

I hope you don't ever have to use the intense pedaling technique, at least not to escape a bear.

RedGinger

Reaction score
MDavenport, I was just re-reading this post as I have a friend coming to visit and I was telling her about this bike. We might go bike riding. Joe's mountain bike is way too tall for her and this one is too awkward for me, even though Joe is taller than I am. Weird. Anyway, I would recommend the gel seat. I had one on my last mountain bike and it was great. It's a lot more comfortable. I just notice, you are from Asheville, NC. My Grandmother was born there and lived there for a few years before her family moved. She always talked about it.

glass man

Reaction score
NICE THREAD JOE! I THOUGHT 40S WHEN I FIRST SAW IT TOO.

I LEARNED TO RIDE MY COUSIN'S BIKE AT 8? ANY WAY AT HOME HAD TO RIDE MY BROTHER'S BIKE AS I DID NOT HAVE ONE.I WAS SO SMALL I HAD TO GET ON SOME STEPS TO GET ON IT AND THEN HAD TO PUSH ONE PEDLE DOWN AND THE PUSH THE OTHER AS I COULD NOT REACH BOTH PEDLES AT ONCE.

I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED WHY BOYS BIKES DON'T HAVE THE DIP IN BETWEEN THE SEAT AND HANDLE BARS LIKE THE GIRL BIKES DO....I ALMOST RUPTURED MYSELF A FEW TIMES CAUSE OF THIS.OF COURSE AS A BOY WE WOULD NOT BE CAUGHT DEAD RIDING A GIRLS BIKE OR A "SISSY BIKE",BUT DANG IF THEY HAD MADE ALL LIKE THE GIRL'S BIKES TO BEGAN WITH IT SURE WOULD HAVE SAVED ME SOME PAIN IN BETWEEN THE LEGS!!!

LOVE YOUR BIKE JOE!!BET IN ITS DAY IT WAS A BIKE MANY A BOY DREAMED OF HAVING!! JAMIE

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cobaltbot

Nice, thats a picker bike for sure. We pulled this one out of my wife's Aunt's shed. May belong to a cousin, if not I might fix it up. Nothing like a bike for stealth bottle searchin'. I use my mountain bike all the time. People pay attention to an oddly parked car or truck but drive to the local home depot, church or whatever and a quick ride gets you close to that bottle spot!

88A5E97E435848849C0DAC5DD0062515.jpg

This one kinda reminds me of the bikes that Sun Rise gave away in December 1941. Except they were called Rollfast, and that one is Roadmaster.

53820C876198480A8CB3D1B21FD1AE41.jpg

Attachments

• 53820C876198480A8CB3D1B21FD1AE41.jpg
    53820C876198480A8CB3D1B21FD1AE41.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 78

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18