Anyone have any info on this Ink ?????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a stoneware Ink that is from my Grandfathers collection and I was wondering if anyone has any info on this one !
He has written on the bottom as being unlisted. And I have no Ink reference material. Can anyone help ???????? I have included a few pics. Thanks , Brian

Ec89420.jpg

Attachments

• Ec89420.jpg
    Ec89420.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 94

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Any Ink collectors out there ???? It has N.S. INK CO. on the side and has a base marking ( see pics ) that I can't make anything from. Thanks guys , Brian

Bz78056.jpg

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Hi Bryan give you this just in case, one reason (while I am not up on inks) I had a master in stoneware that was a CARTER'S with a English bottle maker which i have forgotton and have sold the bottle. I could find nothing on it and probally gave it away. So in trying to find mine I never did see an American ink botttle in Stoneware made in USA, so this may be the one, even though it is one too many letters.
NSG Co 1881 to 1890 don't know if your type coresponds with the date. This Company is unknow name, a product of Canada, Ref Toulouse Bottles and their Makers.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
David ,
Thanks for the reply and info !
This one has me baffled........But then again .....I'm NO Ink expert !
It almost looks like the mark on the base says TYLER .
Thanks again , Brian

woody

Reaction score
Most serious American ink collectors don't get into the stoneware inks, as most of these originate from overseas.
Glass being the key over stoneware.
I've dug many stoneware ink bottles and most of them show hardly any interest amongst ink bottle collectors.
They want pontiled and rarer colored pontiled inks.

woody

Reaction score
Here's one of my stoneware inks which I believe to be of American origin.

Hf99441.jpg

Attachments

• Hf99441.jpg
    Hf99441.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 100

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I like your ink bottle, Brian; but then, I am not a serious ink bottle collector.

The script debossing on the base looks like "TYLER" to me also. Neither "Tyler" nor "N. S. Ink Co." is listed in Covill's book. I suspect it is British or possibly Canadian (Nova Scotia). That would fit the Toulouse item from David E. Dearden. How about Nova Scotia Glass Company with a subsidiary Nova Scotia Ink Company.

This is interesting speculation, but are there no Canadian collectors in this forum?

------------Harry Pristis

bolwin1

Reaction score
Hi,

Love the ink. I'm pretty sure it's not British. It appears to have a wire cut base & I've never seen a British bottle with this type of base. The blue top looks like it's from USA / Canada too.

Regards

Ian

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis