When it rains it POURS!!! I hate my car!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

woodswalker

Reaction score
Took the good old VW down to the mechanic today....had a bit of an accident Sunday....(never swerve to avoid a bunny) I drove down into a ditch barely missed a mailbox and knew if I didn't keep my foot on the gas I would be stuck!! So I floored it outta the ditch.....
The only thing missing was my tail pipe...which already had an appointment with the muffler man anyway....Well today I had NO brakes....drove it to the shop and I blew out the master brake cylinder(ouch my pocketbook hurts already) brand new those can cost up to $500...so I'm calling junk yards....No way in hell I'm paying that much on that car!!![:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:] What an awful day.....
at least I have a ride home and to the shop to talk to the mechanic but have no idea how I'm getting to work tomorrow....vacation the rest of the week doesnt sound bad to me.....at least then I won't have to ride a bike 10 miles to work!!!!

Ok I feel slightly better now...had to do some BI*CHIN!![:mad:]

swizzle

Reaction score
Its only a bug. Cut a hole in the floor and duct tape strips off rubber off of a tire to your shoes. That should be enough to get you to stop. Swiz [:D]

woodswalker

Reaction score
Haha your so funny...I'm picturing Fred Flinstone rolling down the street in my car ( Jetta by the way not a bug...wish it was[:D]) Master brake cylinder went out...when I took it in they said I was only using 1 brake!! Apparently my brake fluid was bone dry...so he filled it drove it...couldn't find a leak anywhere??? WTF?? that stuff don't just evaporate!! But I got it back and he only charged me $20 and said..."DON'T TRUST IT!" I guess he knows I'll be back...One thing after another...now I need to have the back window replaced...some one kindly enough bashed out and put a new rearview mirror on the driver side....thats what I get for being a nice person and letting someone use my car....I got it back and I was like...Wheres the rest of it???"
Amanda

whiskeyman

Reaction score
AMANDA...you got off easy (this time).[:)]

In the last week:
My dog died...spent $800 to save his life after a racoon attack early last year and he up and dies on me...[&:]
Someone ran over a cat in front of my house - being the designated digger around here I got to bury same.[:'(]
My waterline's pressure relief valve went bad and resulted in blowing up my water heater...[:mad:]
From where my wife co-signed for my son,(and he lost his job and defaulted), a collection agency has froze my bank account. Lawyer says it will take 1 to 2 weeks to unfreeze.[&:][:mad:][:(]
Throughout all this, I am trying to quit smoking. The Chantix [:'(] has been tearing my stomach up...but I ain't smoked a cig now in 8 days...dunno whether to be happy or just cry.[:(]

woodswalker

Reaction score
Oh My gosh that is all terrible....I would hate to loose one of my dogs their like my kids...I'm sorry for your loss.
I've been trying to quit smoking...Chantix made me slightly crazy with violent out burst...it may not be working well for you...also you can still smoke while you are taking it if your stressing that bad.
The Patches you can pick up at any drug store are just as effective if not better than using Chantix.....I've been stressed to and told my doc I was trying to quit smoking and she actually said DON'T try now!! I couldn't believe it! Take it one day at a time and one problem at a time....it all get better[:)]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hmmm,....I think most folks go through similar bewildering and frustrating events,....sometimes too much at once!, (I know things like that happen around here)[;)]....It can only get better,.....hang in with the smoking difficultys and keep the best outlook you can! (easier said than done) I went as far as grabbing some generic wal mart nicotine gum, when I get my determination head on, I'll start using it.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
I had a 1990 Jetta, real fun car to drive, but the parts a very expensive.Especially exhaust stuff.Good luck with it.[;)]

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Thanks Amanda & Joe...I feel like I need a cig quite often lately, but hate to restart after being quit over a week...

I forgot to mention...also last week, the rosetree I got my wife for Mother's Day a few years split during a heavy storm...

AF6DB5BD73C149C3B74D97CE39C5F781.jpg

Attachments

• AF6DB5BD73C149C3B74D97CE39C5F781.jpg
    AF6DB5BD73C149C3B74D97CE39C5F781.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 54

whiskeyman

Reaction score
mebbe I fixed it....[&:]

FCF74C2D30F94E51B90758BEDD151A2F.jpg

Attachments

• FCF74C2D30F94E51B90758BEDD151A2F.jpg
    FCF74C2D30F94E51B90758BEDD151A2F.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 56

whiskeyman

Reaction score
but...like ya said: something's are looking up.
My blackberries are thriving...[:D]

0FA1A05CE03844E3A5D8DD2C2D24EE74.jpg

Attachments

• 0FA1A05CE03844E3A5D8DD2C2D24EE74.jpg
    0FA1A05CE03844E3A5D8DD2C2D24EE74.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 63

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member