thousands of soda bottles!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

12meyer

Reaction score
Hey there bottle fans! We just started putting up our collection of soda bottles that we acquired last month. Honestly, we don't know what we have and it's surprising to see what sells and what doesn't. (Just sold a Chok-a-Fizz bottle for over $150!) Prices start as auctions, then continue in our store until they sell - make a reasonable offer to get a deal! Please take a look, and keep coming back over the next few weeks. As of right now we have 500+ up, and will continue to put up more, about 200 more each week. Most are from the Midwest, but can span the entire world. Also, beers bottles and a few med/cure and mineral water bottles.
Also, we have hundreds of tins from the same collection.
Here is the store:our profile
http://stores.ebay.com/All-Things-Bought-and-Sold_Vintage-or-Antique-Bottles_W0QQ_fsubZ1709741017QQ_sidZ3176807QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322
For auctions look here:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_Auction=1&_ipg=&_ssn=allthingsboughtandsold&_trksid=p3911.c0.m301
or here:
http://myworld.ebay.com/allthingsboughtandsold/

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know!
Thanks!

jays emporium

Reaction score
In case you're wondering why most of those soda bottles don't have a bid yet, most of the starting bid prices are way above the retail value of those bottles. If you had started them at about $3. they would sell.

deacon_frost

Reaction score
sent you an email hope you got it but im looking for a boonville better beverage from boonville mo it has a mountain man on it.

12meyer

Reaction score
If you are wondering if we have a specific bottle, you'll have to be patient. We simply boxed everything up when we obtained the collection and have yet to catalog anything but the bottles that have been listed. Essentially, only the items listed are cataloged and I have no idea of what we have otherwise.

12meyer

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. We really don't know what we have, so we guess high I suppose. When they do not sell the items are sent to our ebay store until they sell, only there they are not auctions - they are buy-it-now or best-offer. $3-5 per bottle is not too bad as long as it is within a larger group of bottles being purchased. A lot of our costs is shipping and packing and combining shipping materials and postage saves everyone time and money. If a collector comes by to pick up their purchase in person, we are very likely to sell lower, but as yet few have done so.

ncbred

Reaction score
Made an offer on several bottles. My user name is enccollectibles. Let me know something. Thanks!

green dragon

Reaction score
Purchased some of these.. nice assortment of bottles in good condition . will post pics and review when I can .

just purchased a few more - but was shocked at the high prices quoted to ship .. most acl sellers use flat rate boxes due to weight.
hard to get a bottle at a good price, then 'ruin it' with high postage costs.

will post pics of them soon . ( curious to see what nc got as well, nice variety was listed, for sure ) .

~ AL

jays emporium

Reaction score
Give them a low rating on shipping costs when you leave feedback. Ebay sellers should take better care of their customers and not charge outrageous shipping.

12meyer

Reaction score
Thanks for your purchase, hope you like them. We are constantly trying to improve our shipping methods and these are different items for us. We considered flat rate, but the smallest $4.95 box is too small to fit a bottle in. The medium box is more than what we ended up charging, $7.50. This includes a very safe double box and thick bubble wrap. The worst thing is to win a bottle you really want then have it arrive in pieces. Just factor shipping into the price you are willing to pay and it won't be as shocking.

green dragon

Reaction score
Well, that is why I purchase in bulk, to save shipping per bottle.

understandably, if one is purchased, cost to ship will be high compared to purchase price.

My 'complaint' is that .. I purchased 12 and was charged 20.00 .... ( high when they could have come flat rat large for 14.00 ), but with insurance costs and all, not terrible, and I have already left good feedback .

But... when I just purchased 13 more. I was quoted 33.95... not at all consistent, and why did one extra bottle add 14.00 to the costs ?
I do have pending offers on some others, so hope it all works out. the flat rate boxes are definately best for heavy items such as soda bottles, good to fit a few in and let em go .

thanks for the goodies.

~ AL

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac