brown bottle from 1950's dump?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coinerrors

Reaction score
Found this one in a dump I'm guessing from around the 50's, not sure what it is, embossed on the side are measurements in MILS starting at from around the bottom 100 in increments of 50 to the top below the letters MILS 500, there is a rubber stopper of some sort and there is a white liquidy substance inside up to the 300 mark. The seam goes all the way to the top,suppose machine made. No labels, it's about 7 1/2" high,dimeter of 3", Can anyone help me identify this bottle? Or what could possibly be inside?

Mj24623.jpg

Attachments

• Mj24623.jpg
    Mj24623.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 112

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Hi don't think I would get into a 50's dump "Too Toxic" Unable to Id your bottle and would leave it sealed. In fact I would put it back in that dump. When I was first starting bottle digging I done the same thing and to this day I can still smell that dump.

woody

Reaction score
I dug this 50's dump once and after I got through 3 feet of amber beer bottles I went back in time 100 years.
It seems the current owner, who had a drinking problem, used the same dump as the original owner from the early 1800's.
I pulled out Stoddard flasks, umbrella inks, pontiled meds, Merchant lockport, etc.....
I can see what you're saying about digging a 50's dump, but make sure you don't overlook what may lie beneath.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky