I find marbles while diving...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

riverdiver

Reaction score
I will dig that one out tomorrow and take a detailed shot on macro for you and I will adhere to the recommendations from others about shooting the poles and seams to establish color patterns.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Nice marbles and bowl! What's the bowl's story ( besides it being spongeware)?

riverdiver

Reaction score
Hi RedGinger,

The bowl was one of my first finds in a river about 20 years ago, it came from a huge city dump that had slid underwater over the years. It has been on the shelf ever since and is refered to as a "Nappy" or baking dish and is Redware with a cobalt sponge glaze. It seemed like an ideal spot to display marbles as my wife loves them and takes all that I bring home as "hers"...

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Matt,
I'd like to say that I've lost my marbles, but I've never had them. I have never once found a marble while diving (and I have over 900 logged tanks!). I'm not sure if its the blackwater stuff where I'm going or if I'm not looking for them??? Regardless, you've got an impressive array of marbles there.

riverdiver

Reaction score
Hi blobbottlebob,

I too dive in black water, mostly rivers of course and these latest marbles came from a lake bottom in front of a row of homes from the 1820's.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado