wishing well soda?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Erik T

Reaction score
I have never heard of this company before and can't find much on the internet and so I turn to the all powerful forum once again for information on this. More specifically age and value. Thanks!

The bottle says: "wishing well drink" "National dry ltd." "contents 11fl oz"

EB5EB9FA8193446E9DBBA19A6B5CDC91.jpg

Attachments

• EB5EB9FA8193446E9DBBA19A6B5CDC91.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 434

sha11s

Reaction score
National Beverage Comapany. They produced it until the 1980's The bottle you have is the earlier one which I believe is the late 30's.
Scott

sha11s

Reaction score
Sorry, value is between $5 and $8.

Erik T

Reaction score
yeah i didn't think it would be worth much but i always ask just in case. It looks pretty nice and the bottle itself is very heavy. Funny the stuff I was finding was 60s stuff but this was a complete surprise. late 30s..............this is the oldest soda i've found then so far. thanks!

Friedrich

Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Manross

[h=1]Park Manross[/h]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Park Manross
Member of Parliament
for London
In office
June 1945 – June 1949
Preceded byAllan Johnston
Succeeded byAlex Jeffery
Personal details
BornPark Arthur Manross[SUP][1][/SUP]
10 June 1895
Pennsylvania, United States[SUP][1][/SUP]
Died24 January 1951 (aged 55)
London, Ontario, Canada
Political partyProgressive Conservative
Spouse(s)Letitia Swanwick
m. 22 June 1922[SUP][2][/SUP]
Professionadvertising consultant, industrialist, sales and marketing consultant
Park Arthur Manross (10 June 1895 – 24 January 1951) was a Progressive Conservative party member of the Canadian House of Commons. He was born in United States and became an advertising consultant, industrialist and sales and marketing consultant by career.
Manross was born in Pennsylvania, United States and served in the military in World War I. He moved to London to found the Ruggles Motor Truck Company then acquired the assets of soft drink firm National Dry, developing this into a successful business. He also established the Wishing Well Products company.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP]
He was first elected to Parliament at the London riding in the 1945 general election then defeated at the 1949 election by Alex Jeffery of the Liberal party.
Manross died in London, Ontario at Victoria Hospital on the afternoon of 24 January 1951, leaving his wife.[SUP][3][/SUP]

I have never heard of this company before and can't find much on the internet and so I turn to the all powerful forum once again for information on this. More specifically age and value. Thanks!

The bottle says: "wishing well drink" "National dry ltd." "contents 11fl oz"

Canadacan

Reaction score
Wow you went way back into the time vault!...lol, still nice to have some new info,......Here is an ad from Wishing Well- The Winnipeg Tribune, 10 Jun 1941, Tue.

Wishing Well- The Winnipeg Tribune, 10 Jun 1941, Tue.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of these wishing well bottles over the years and have a couple , none of them are rare or valuable from what I know , seem to have been sold all over the country

RCO

Reaction score
was looking thru my one bottle book , it lists all the wishing well bottles as common and not valuable

except for 1 , it says there is a 30 oz embossed wishing well bottle and its worth more than the common smaller ones , I can't even recall seeing a 30 oz wishing well before

Friedrich

Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Manross

Park Manross

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Park Manross
Member of Parliament
for London
In office
June 1945 – June 1949
Preceded byAllan Johnston
Succeeded byAlex Jeffery
Personal details
BornPark Arthur Manross[SUP][1][/SUP]
10 June 1895
Pennsylvania, United States[SUP][1][/SUP]
Died24 January 1951 (aged 55)
London, Ontario, Canada
Political partyProgressive Conservative
Spouse(s)Letitia Swanwick
m. 22 June 1922[SUP][2][/SUP]
Professionadvertising consultant, industrialist, sales and marketing consultant
Park Arthur Manross (10 June 1895 – 24 January 1951) was a Progressive Conservative party member of the Canadian House of Commons. He was born in United States and became an advertising consultant, industrialist and sales and marketing consultant by career.
Manross was born in Pennsylvania, United States and served in the military in World War I. He moved to London to found the Ruggles Motor Truck Company then acquired the assets of soft drink firm National Dry, developing this into a successful business. He also established the Wishing Well Products company.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP]
He was first elected to Parliament at the London riding in the 1945 general election then defeated at the 1949 election by Alex Jeffery of the Liberal party.
Manross died in London, Ontario at Victoria Hospital on the afternoon of 24 January 1951, leaving his wife.[SUP][3][/SUP]

Wishing Well was a well-known soda pop brand which was made in London Ontario using Komoka spring water and sold across Canada. It was started by Park Arthur Manrose who also owned National Dry. Wishing well is no longer brewed but the brand is still owned by National Dry.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum