AWESOME!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
I found this while digging for bottles, just inside the woods on the edge of a field. Pretty cool huh? I took it to a collector who said it was only worth $20.00. Do you think he is trying to cheat me? I don't know a whole lot about indian artifacts. [8|]

Rp43612.jpg

dollarbill

Reaction score
hey Digger sounds about right looks like a scraper or a point blank nice find love those indian artifact. thanks bill

Road Dog

Reaction score
Looks like a knife or maybe a preform. It was struck from a core and it looks like most of the flaking is on one side.Along the working edge you will probably see hinge fractures where the resharpening was done.It looks like it it is made of Burlington Chert. Atleast from your pics. Price quoted to you seems fair.

JustGlass

Reaction score
People have flooded the market with reproduction stone artifacts which has really hurt the value of prehistoric ones. I do think the one you have could go for $15 to $30 who knows maybe a bit more to the right collector. It looks like its made out of a nice material. I myself would keep it. I have found many and I havnt been able to part with any. Someday I hope they will end up in a museum in my state. Heres a couple similar to the one you have but are not pointed on both ends and are of different materials.

Wu61614.jpg

Attachments

• Wu61614.jpg
    Wu61614.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 78

JohnRoy

Reaction score
This is sort of odd for me to look at these artifacts, since if I had been born a few hundred years ago, I'd probably be using them myself! My father was born on an Indian Reservation (Leech Lake Reservation) in Minnesota, grew up knowing only his Chippewa language, but was later government boarding school where he learned English. Oddly enough, he had a terrible since of direction, which my mohter always hounded him about! -John

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis