GROUND GLASS STOPPERS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

#1twin

Reaction score
This is a picture of some of the stoppers I have picked up over the years, along with the standard pile of whiskey / sauce stoppers not shown. I assume the larger ones are for decanters mostly and the flat round ones are for chemist bottles. The perfume's are where I have a question on a few. The first one on the bottom row, from the left to rgt, has a W or a M in cursive on top. The last one to the right, bottom row, has an H on two sides and a skeleton key opposite a hole like a key hole? The green one on the bottom row next to the one with the H, is emerald green and shaped like an eye.
Ant ideas what these 3 belong to???? I assume perfume or cologne, but what brand?? [8|]
Any replies are appreciated. Thanks, Marvin

0C013EE431CC445C92A5851029D5249B.jpg

Attachments

• 0C013EE431CC445C92A5851029D5249B.jpg
    0C013EE431CC445C92A5851029D5249B.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 33

#1twin

Reaction score
Okay....no perfume collectors out there? I forgot one other stopper that has a backward R H R.?????

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi #1twin, The best way to sell stoppers is at a bottle show. You can often find customers with bottles looking for a stopper. I am looking for a grownd stopper that has "/BEAR" or "/BEAR SPRING" on it. It is needed for a "/ GREAT BEAR SPIRNG " water bottle. The first stopper on the left top row looks like a Clyde Glass - milk glass stopper. I might be interested in that. RED Matthews

#1twin

Reaction score
Red, Thank you for the reply. I was not really looking at getting rid of the stoppers I was just trying to find some information on them. If I can not find the milk glass bottle in the same area where I found the stopper, I may consider getting rid of it. I will keep you in mind and thanks again for the information and a reply. Replies seem to be hard to come by on here sometimes. Marvin

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora