Ashs, seeds, and black dirt!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

Okay, I thought you should not dig out the wood because it could cause a cave-in. Good info, Chris. Thanks.

Like lex said,dig to the (HARD CLAY WALLS) the fill is what caves in if its not dug out evenly ,the clay is safe,I have never had the clay come in on me..Im tellin ya, you guys missed bottles in them pits.GO BACK!!!! [8D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
One more thing,when that probe hit's (bottom) it will not go through.if it does go in a little, it will be hard as hell to push in,and clay will be on the tip.After a while digging,you will know what bottom feels like right away.Its sort of like a dull (((thud))) feel on the probe.then you know its over.I hate that sound [:(][:D]
Again,like lex said,if you can dig it out,its not bottom.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Laur had probed a spot right near the fence, she said the probe slid right down.... I never got over to check it out, Sunday, on our 'gotta finish' day,....We were thinking of going back to check that one out, so when we do we'll reprobe the other too,....

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
The soil in these parts is largely river bottom loam, so privy pit bottoms are often difficult to determine with a probe. You just gotta dig the pit to the bottom of the liner until undisturbed soil is encountered. I always probe the "bottom", too, 'cause plugs are sometimes found between use layers.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

The soil in these parts is largely river bottom loam, so privy pit bottoms are often difficult to determine with a probe. You just gotta dig the pit to the bottom of the liner until undisturbed soil is encountered. I always probe the "bottom", too, 'cause plugs are sometimes found between use layers.

I got a few plugs between my ear's,my wife just walked in Bhahaha!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94