WANTED: Northern New Jersey Privy Diggers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle34nut

Reaction score
im into digging bottles because i like old glass, the problem is people who are mainly in it for money. i show you a good spot and within weeks it looks a war zone with nothing left to dig, thats the biggest problem. people will even recognize landmarks on photos here and encroach on others finds. it sucks being secretive but when someone pulls out a nice bottle from your hole while you are not there, it makes you think twice. and its not the people from this site. i think and hope we are somewhat respectful of others finds, actually i know we are, its a great community.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Hello. I now have a 5 ft privy probe of my very own! Now that I can find where the privy is, I need to find a property to dig on. I have located 20+ houses that are pre 1880, and a few that are pre 1860. I know, to the best of my available knowledge, how to dig a privy. If I could find a good, sociable, friendly person that's good at persuading people, even if you don't want to do much digging, I'd like your help. Even if you don't know about privies, but can get the permission, I'd split the finds with you. This is mostly about finding another local person interested in privy digging like I am, to prove to my mom that it can be done. Send me a PM if you're interested in helping a newbie digger out! Fellow newbs welcome!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I'll be going to the next meeting of the North Jersey Antique Bottle Collectors Association, so I encourage anyone in this area to go to the meeting! Still looking for a digging partner!

bottle34nut

Reaction score
my attitude has always been be ballsy and knock on doors. whats the worst that can happen? they say no. and that happens most of the time, but for every 100 doors you knock on chances are someone is going to say sure, go ahead. if you do your research and know for a fact there was a privy in the yard, some people will actually be interested. wheelah, im going to try to get to the meeting next month just to meet you and hopefully your mom to explain and show her that not everyone in north jersey is a wierdo. you live here so you know what i mean. no offense to anyone. greg

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottle34nut

my attitude has always been be ballsy and knock on doors. whats the worst that can happen? they say no. and that happens most of the time, but for every 100 doors you knock on chances are someone is going to say sure, go ahead. if you do your research and know for a fact there was a privy in the yard, some people will actually be interested. wheelah, im going to try to get to the meeting next month just to meet you and hopefully your mom to explain and show her that not everyone in north jersey is a wierdo. you live here so you know what i mean. no offense to anyone. greg

What he said.Ballsy is the word [8D] If you don't knock on doors,you wont dig to many privies.97% of all my bottles came from someone's back yard.

I am up for a road trip,we are not to far from you.I'll shoot you a pm.
We dig in the winter also. Rick

bottle34nut

Reaction score
i kind of compare it to dating...whats the worst thing a girl is gonna say if you ask her for a date...no? oh well...next. you have to throw out a wide net and see what you catch. hmmm...and i cant figure out why im divorced and single. at least im having fun. greg

bottle34nut

Reaction score
rick,

lehigh valley is not far from us anyway, or at least me. ill buy the beer and bring the camera, just let me know when and where. greg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi