WANTED: Northern New Jersey Privy Diggers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I am in need of a (hopefully) knowledgable fellow digger who would let me dig some holes with them. I live in the Northern Jersey area, so message me if you live nearby and are interested. I will dig the hole with you in exchange for some knowledge and experience. Hopefully we can work something out, as I need the experience.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Have any of you three dug privies before? I'm leaning towards digging privies more than digging dumps, so I'd prefer somebody with experience in that regard.

baltbottles

Reaction score
I've been a hard core privy digger for about 10 years now. I've dug at least 1500 privies in that time. Found lots of great bottles and ceramics. Line up a few houses to dig and I will gladly come show you how to find and dig the privies.

Chris

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Baltimore is an awfully long drive from where I live. Funny thing is, I got back from Washington D.C. a few days ago. My family would hardly find privy digging fun, though.

The thing is, I was hoping to go along and dig with somebody that was ALREADY going to dig a privy. Having never dug a privy before, it's doubtful that I could get somebody to let me dig. I was hoping to have somebody else do the talking, while I do the digging.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I did most of my digging on the banks of the Shrewsbury and Navesink rivers, back in the 80's and 90's.. it's so built up and overpopulated now, that you can't barely sink a shovel anywhere without someone calling the fuzz.. pity, really.. I know there's still goodies to be had.. getting waterfront permissions will be just like getting privy permissions, I'm sure..

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu