So, what is your Personality Type?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
" I forget what all the letters stand for. Can someone tell us? " : quoting forum member Redginger...

Sorry so slow to get to this, Laur.. my type has an annoying tendency to ignore the emotional needs of others, unless it's an emergency.. click right HERE and you will hear it from Joe Butt himself.. [;)]

BillinMo

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

BillinMo, did you ever consider a career in writing or counseling?  I forget what all the letters stand for.  Can someone tell us?

Writing, yes. I actually do a lot of writing in my current job, although it's mainly job aids, user help and reports. Never thought about counseling, although now that I think of it, my college friends had a tendency to unload on me.

Thanks for that link, Cyber. Now I can go around telling women that I'm like Tom Selleck or Mel Gibson. Then again, maybe I should avoid mentioning Mel's name after the way he's been in the news lately.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
What if we were to make it a forum membership requirement to take the test, and have our personally codes right there under our username.. ? I think if we did this, we ..would... hmm.. we'd... fail miserably... never mind.. -INTJ

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jungtype.htm
This describes it. I forgot what mine was and can't get back to the page that said.

lepew62

Reaction score
I am a INTP, I think those are the superior ones[:D].

cobaltbot

Reaction score
INFP though during the whole thing I felt I was contradicting myself, for example I love being alone and in crowds. I feel I possess many ironies and opposites - in other words: TOTALLY SCREWED UP!!!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Nice work people, I appreciate the level of involvement, keep it up!

So far everyone has been an "I", or an individual with a preference for "introversion". This is not introversion in the social sense necessarily:

Attitudes: Extraversion (E)/Introversion (I) Myers-Briggs literature uses the terms extraversion and introversion as Jung first used them, and preserves the original spelling of extraversion. Extraversion means "outward-turning" and introversion means "inward-turning."[17] These specific definitions vary somewhat from the popular usage of the words. The preferences for extraversion and introversion are often called as attitudes. Briggs and Myers recognized that each of the cognitive functions can operate in the external world of behavior, action, people, and things (extraverted attitude) or the internal world of ideas and reflection (introverted attitude). The MBTI assessment sorts for an overall preference for one or the other. People who prefer extraversion draw energy from action: they tend to act, then reflect, then act further. If they are inactive, their motivation tends to decline. To rebuild their energy, extraverts need breaks from time spent in reflection. Conversely, those who prefer introversion expend energy through action: they prefer to reflect, then act, then reflect again. To rebuild their energy, introverts need quiet time alone, away from activity. The extravert's flow is directed outward toward people and objects, and the introvert's (flow) is directed inward toward concepts and ideas. Contrasting characteristics between extraverts and introverts include the following: [ul][*]Extraverts are action oriented, while introverts are thought oriented.[*]Extraverts seek breadth of knowledge and influence, while introverts seek depth of knowledge and influence.[*]Extraverts often prefer more frequent interaction, while introverts prefer more substantial interaction.[*]Extraverts recharge and get their energy from spending time with people, while introverts recharge and get their energy from spending time alone.[18][/ul]

Current conclusions about us collectors:

The last four quoted comparisons between those with a preference for Extraversion and Introversion is particularly informative in regards to our appreciation of this bottle collecting hobby. Keep in mind that introverts are not supposedly avoidant of other people, as we do enjoy the company of groups of people we know well (and diggin' buddies) but our primary experience of this life is focused inwards. We see an old bottle and with our inward-focused thoughts seek a substantial depth of knowledge about the item, often while alone or in small groups who share such interests. In regards to "expending" energy through action, this is only true when it involves something we personally don't care for too much, whereas digging bottles, which I imagine most of us enjoy quite a bit, can be a particularly exhilarating activity. Those with a preference for extraversion might sum up all the old bottles out there as "just a bunch of useless old crap" and then turn their attention to something else more personally engaging for them, whereas we introverts actively seek the vivid experience or contemplation of the implications an old bottle presents within our internal mental landscape, not needing it to be shared to be enjoyable, though sharing is almost always a plus.

ORIGINAL: lepew62
I am a INTP, I think those are the superior ones[:D].

Huh, me as well, and we both actively collect scrap and wade through mucky waters in search of goodies. Weird.

BTW there are no superior or inferior types. There may be incompatibilities between certain personalities, but all types of people are necessary to keep this world spinning round. If the world was full of INTPs, almost nothing would ever actually get done, the daily levels of arrogance would be suffocating, and there would be no scrap left for us to collect either![:D]

OK, so in order to take this informal study further we need more people to take the test and post their 4-letter type! There must be a MBTI extrovert amongst us to make this more complicated! [:D]

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cobaltbot

INFP though during the whole thing I felt I was contradicting myself, for example I love being alone and in crowds. I feel I possess many ironies and opposites - in other words: TOTALLY SCREWED UP!!!

Nah not screwed up, just more dynamic and interesting. Since it is a yes/no and not sliding scale test it isn't as faithful in my opinion, but it was a test I felt would work for those with less of an attention span. I "contradicted" myself a number of times as well, but although some of the questions may seem superficially similar, they do involve different aspects of the typing system.

Does this "The Idealist" profile seem to suit you?
http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora