Stubby Pluto amber blob top. Is it Physic water???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hi Folks I just picked up this little bottle it's 4 3/8" high. Hazen-Brown Co. PLUTO under that...Boston, Mass. USA Is this one of the early physic waters? Cunning little thing it is! Any help is greatly appreciated.... Taz

Sq47462.jpg

Attachments

• Sq47462.jpg
    Sq47462.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 86

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Neat little bottle. All I can tell you is that there was such a thing as Pluto Water but no company is listed in my book. It's probably the same deal and at some time the company was sold to new owners who put their name with it; or perhaps it was the same company all along and different bottles were embossed differently through the years. That one almost looks small enough to be a sample. Nice one!

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Cool bottle! Does it have the devil embossed on the base?

"Pluto Water, America's Physic." It has a very interesting history. Water is from a Spring in Indiana, IIRC. I know there is lots of info available with an Internet search.

It's always possible that this was a knockoff brand, exploiting the reputation and advertizing of Pluto Water.

Let us know what you find.

---------Harry Pristis

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hello again all! I was over to the Portland show today and brought this little guy in... Several of the old timers had seen this scarce bottle just a few times over the years... The general consensus was that it was a liquid glue... est guess "rubber cement" They also suggested trying a old city directory for more on the company.. Well that about it for now! Thnx again... Taz

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp