Ebay dilemma

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Just a little update on my ebay problem from way back. I vowed to keep an eye out on the seller.

Quick update in blue here - skip this part if you know what happened - The seller lists an item on an auction style listing then refused to sell it for the closing price.

It looks like the seller is again at least active on ebay. He recently bought a bottle for just over a hundred bucks. He has two feedbacks from things that he bought his year. As far as I can tell, he has not yet sold anything since our little problem but I suppose, it could be whenever he wants. I will continue to update from time to time . . .

nailem63

Reaction score
Had same type thing happen couple years ago on E-Bay .
Was high bidder on a western embossed coffin flask from Marysville.
Seller did not like price and refused to send me an invoice after repeated attempts
to reach seller recieved message from him that he wasnt selling flask and I had never won it

Starr

Reaction score
OMG! Ebay is fun but it can have some real jerks on there sometimes. I think that if your bid was the highest and the bid ended, then you are entitled to the item. It is the sellers loss for not checking everything thoroughly before posting. Keep us all posted...If ebay lets them get by with this, maybe the next time we put something on there for sale...we cry ""OOOPPPSSS! (boo-hoo) that was suppose to be a reserve item!!""Who agrees?

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks Starr. I appreicate your sentiment and support. People are not responding much because this happened awhile ago. The post started last October when I first got stiffed by the seller. I am trying to keep an eye out for what happens next. I believe that ebay has indeed taken some action against him because he hasn't listed anything in about 1/2 year. It is clearly against their rules to just back out of a deal but in the end, they can't force him to ship it.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thinking of all the funny stuff Steve / Sewell did on this old post made me want to do a little check on rbrown4134602w. It is approaching the one year anniversary of this ebay fiasco. (I first posted on October 9th but the auction was earlier).

Update. September 14th, 2011. Rbrown is un-suspended (assuming that was his punishment). To his credit he has earned 34 positive feedbacks in the last year and only one negative (from me). Looks like he has some decent bottles up including various colored hutches (even a citron one!) but not the one that we squabbled over. Its back to business as usual I guess. This will be my last update. If you're really really bored sometime, go back and look for the pictures that Steve / Sewell made. They are pretty funny.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Wowie! This was a fun trip down memory lane. What a thread! There is some funny shizzle in here. Took me a long time to read it all but it was a blast. Thanks again to all of you for the support and the fun back then.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora