Poisonous Addiction 2.0 Now Live!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Wow, this was a lot of work, but didn't take as long as I thought it would. After much research, trial and error, shifting everything about and learning a little java script, I think I got this thing about where I want it....for now. Check it out, let me know how it looks/works. [&:]

If you get some odd things, like some of the text in the menu bar on the left are different sizes, reload the page. you may have old parts of the site cached in your browser.

http://home.comcast.net/~shauseur/PoisonousAddiction/index.html

I do have a few known bugs, like the nav bar shifts a few pixels depending on the page your on, which changes the center of the body of the page as well. I have no idea why.. Each page was generated with the same width so this shouldn't happen.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Good job!...Looked good on my computer.
m6.gif

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Thanks you two. Matt, we don't get into all poisons. We opted out of bug/rat poisons, Clorox, Lysol jugs (except the rare NY issue) or embalming fluids. But, there are exceptions to every rule of course. We are just out of the game for now for everything. So I had time to do a few web projects.

I was a bit intimidated by FancyBox at first. But after looking at example code and experimenting with a test page, I got it down. So now the pages aren't as long, no large photos taking up entire screen and you click on each image and you get a nice pop up of that bottle. Some photos are naturally small, so the pop up is about the same size. But most are not.

Next big revision is to take out the left frame housing the navbar and insert a floating java menu. This way the entire page is centered on the page and no odd squishing of the frame on smaller displays.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
While thinking I was ready to release the next stage of the website, I was utilizing a separate software package to create my menu system. Come to find out it works fine all day long if I use it locally. As soon as I published it to the host site, it got BORKED! I only used this as the ROLLOVER.JS native to Fusion didn't work quite right within the floating java box containing the new menu. Now my menu is being held for a $139 ransom, or I have to do a lot of back peddling to get the menu back on there the way it was, which wont be easy. SOOOOO...it will be this way for a while. Just the menu is hosed, everything else works fine as far as I know.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Ok, that wasn't quite as much work as I thought it would be. Guess we can call this 2.1 now [8D]
Removed quickmenu script and replaced back in the rollover.js. Fixed the issue I had with that by placing the z-index to 100 from 1. Got a fresh new button design to look at this go-round. Spot check didn't find any errors. Enjoy!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
As I posted in a thread a few days ago, I placed a collective of the commonly mistaken poison bottles into a single page, instead of tidbits here and there through the forum and on different bottles on our site. We now have a Poison Impostors page, accessed from the Gallery menu with the other pages, under Inks. I left the impostors in our Poison Gallery so they are found easily, but a link is now in place to take you to the Impostors page for more explanation. If you see any errors, let me know. I can only proof read my own work so well.

direct link: http://home.comcast.net/~shauseur/PoisonousAddiction/html/impostors.html

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I DOT COMed us! Yes, I did something I have been wanting to do for a year now. I purchased PoisonousAddiction.com. As soon as the DNS servers update, this should take you to our site. And once that is done, I will purchase our business cards to match. All has been in waiting for us to have the money to do this. The time is now. Next step, company shirts. Oh yes, we are going all out. I was going to get these a year ago, but with the embroidery and digitizing costs, the 2 shirts were going to cost my entire Christmas fund. So I'm hoping to have all this in place in the next month. But I don't think it will be done by the Columbia show as it will take too much of our money for that trip.

I have some work to do on the site right now.. Need to take the wreath down as the holidays are over. I have a new bottle to photograph, but waiting on a few others to arrive before I begin that session. In fact. I'm considering buying a photo cube. Then I can redo (big sigh) ALL of them so they are consistent and pretty.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Just got 250 cards from VistaPrint. Nice black and white glossies! Should have them in time for the show. Damn shipping costs as much as the cards. You think your getting a deal until you hit the shipping page. So much for almost free cards. [>:]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu