Poisonous Addiction 2.0 Now Live!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Stephen,

Happy birthday. Just left your "new & improved" .com site. Excellent work, sir! I particularly enjoyed the Poison Impostors section.

lincoln_1860_large.jpg

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Thanks all. Even the Impostor page has to be updated with recent finds this last month. Still working on it.
I'm going to have a whole bunch of new bottles to post, but I think I'm going to buy a photo cube before and start replacing all the photos with consistent, good ones.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
My wife just brought this to my attention. Is anyone out there using IE8 and only getting the last 2 buttons of the menu on the left side? It works fine in Fifefox, and it did work at one time in IE8, but there is some code that IE8 does not recognize. It fails to load right on my system as well. All I can think of is a patch that come down in the last 6 months or so that borked it.

Sorry for the trouble for all you IE8 users that are experiencing this. I will let everyone know when I have it fixed. But 'till then, only Firefox displays the website correctly. I do not know if Chrome or Opera has issues as I have neither to test.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Still looking into the root of the IE8 incompatibility to our website. I contacted the place I got the code from. Odd thing is, their example works with IE8. So hope they can come up with an answer soon.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
RE: Poisonous Addiction 2.0 Now Fixed!

I contacted the place I got the code for the floating menu. It was a simple thing at the beginning of each page. The DOCTYPE line is not recognized by IE and causes funky things to happen. So I replaced it with the code they gave me and it works. IE8 is a lot slower then Fifefox, in about all ways. It even slows down the animation of the pup up images of the bottles to be very choppy. Even though it works now, for best affect, use Firefox.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
RE: Poisonous Addiction 2.0 Half Fixed?

Well, it fixed IE, but it borked Fiefox. The Gallery Menu now appears directly above the Gallery button. *sigh*
I contacted the people again to see what they say. If they don't have a solution for this issue, I'm removing the new code and going back to the way it was.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
RE: Poisonous Addiction 2.0 Fixed Again?

I'm surprised that I got a reply on my issue on a sunday. Anyway, I changed some more code in the rollover.js scrip that controls the menu buttons. And that fixed it.
Ok, IE still doesn't want to fully recognize FancyBox code very well. It just want's to open up an image in it's own page instead of popping up like it should. I will look into this later, but at least the site is now usable in both browsers. I still suggest using Firefox instead.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis