Green C Heimstreet Troy NY Soda Water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)

BE0E2E7568D646749659541F473FB34D.jpg

Attachments

• BE0E2E7568D646749659541F473FB34D.jpg
    BE0E2E7568D646749659541F473FB34D.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 56

jays emporium

Reaction score
"Estate Purchase"
Now that's what I'm talkin about. I go to estate sales every week and I'm excited when I find some embossed crown top sodas. I really am going to move north where you can find stuff like that.

div2roty

Reaction score
For me estate purchases mean something you bought at an estate sale, a sale being held on site at the owners house, and usually a sale featuring pre-priced items. Sometimes people will use it to describe an onsite auction, instead of an auction at the auction house, although I would call that an onsite auction. However, I know a lot of ebay sellers use "estate purchase" when they actually got the item at an auction house. I think they feel it gives the item more legitimacy.

jays emporium

Reaction score
Yes, Matt, I see that too on ebay. I keep in mind that you are just as likely to find a reproduction as an original at an estate sale.
Here, we have 2 kinds of estate sales, a tag sale and an auction sale. Both are conducted at the owner's residence. Tag sales with everything priced are much more common. The professional estate sales usually have a pre-sale day for dealers a week or a few days before the sale opens to the public. I am on the pre-sale invitation list for most of the local ones. Then the sale is advertised in the newspaper for the public starting on Thursday and lasting thru Saturday. Many of them are half price on Sat.
Once in awhile the family does their own sale and those are the ones I really love to hit. I go early, sometimes up to an hour before they are advertised to start. A little knowledge goes a long way at the family run sales. They could have $1.00 items priced for $20. and $100. items priced for a dollar. None of the other antique dealers who hit the sales know much about bottles so I don't have much competition in that category. There are times when I load up $1000. worth of bottles and advertising for under $50. while the rest are racing each other for the furniture and glassware. I love doing that.

div2roty

Reaction score
Jay,

I've never been much for House sales. They didn't have too many in Southern Delaware, but now that I am in DC I want to look into them. On site auctions were always nice because there was a good chance that something nice would get pulled out at the last minute that wasn't featured in the ads. For the most part I went to weekly auctions. While these did feature a lot of dumping by dealers (getting rid of merch that they couldn't sell), I found that I could get some good things reasonable. Luckily these auctions also featured some house clean outs.

I did once get a bottle for $10 that I immediately sold on ebay for just over $400. I also once got a bottle for $2 that I sold at the baltimore bottle show for $225. The buyer was thrilled because he could never find an example under $325.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Well, this one's well up over $3 grand now, with some time to go yet. It's always fun to watch a good bottle go on the bay.

Jim G

justanolddigger

Reaction score
the buyer was "OCLOOK", I have bought some nice flasks from him , and sold him some nice bottles also, he has good taste.
Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac