Box lot

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Buffalo Hunter

Reaction score
As I've said before I do not know what makes some marbles good and others not. Usually they bring a lot more than I'm comfortable with investing, to my untrained eye I believe I see four nice ones here, the crystal with a center core, the swril at 10 o'colock and the two swrils above it. Am I even close?

D870CABEA2DE449D86BC39BE0A6AB16A.jpg

Attachments

• D870CABEA2DE449D86BC39BE0A6AB16A.jpg
    D870CABEA2DE449D86BC39BE0A6AB16A.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 96

Road Dog

Reaction score
Looks like alot of vintage marbles. I see seven Germans not counting the Benny. There are quite a few Akro's in there too. Interesting group. Of Course remember condition is everything. The smallest chip takes off value.

towhead

Reaction score
Bennington marbles are a type of glazed clay marble. They are not very dense. The marbles are fired clay with a salt glaze on them. Benningtons are readily identifiable by both their coloring and the little 'eyes' that they have on them. These are spots where the marbles were touching each other while they were being fired, resulting in those spots being uncolored and unglazed. The term 'bennington' is actually a misnomer. There is no evidence that they were ever made in Bennington, Vermont, or that they have any lineage to the Bennington pottery that they resemble and from which they get their name. It appears that all Bennington marbles were imported from Germany. -Julie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu