connecticut diggers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kevo335

Reaction score
Hi Bottle Man. My name is also Kevin. I live in Naugatuck and am looking for an experienced digging comrade to accompany in looking for dumps and such. I have compiled a list of places that i am looking to dig in the coming future but have not ventured to yet. I would be happy to share them with you. Give me a call anytime at 203-906-5652.

I'm new here to the site and i figure the best way to fit in is make some new friends.

bottle_digger_em

Reaction score
Bottle Man,

I live in RI, am new to the area, and like to dig.

Where in CT are you?

Andy
Are you still looking for a partner in New England area? I'm located in NJ but wouldn't mind making a trip out to dig. Let me know!

bottle_digger_em

Reaction score
Hi Bottle Man. My name is also Kevin. I live in Naugatuck and am looking for an experienced digging comrade to accompany in looking for dumps and such. I have compiled a list of places that i am looking to dig in the coming future but have not ventured to yet. I would be happy to share them with you. Give me a call anytime at 203-906-5652.

I'm new here to the site and i figure the best way to fit in is make some new friends.
Hey Kevin,

Still looking for a digging partner? While I'm not that experienced, I am certainly a hardworker and quick learner. Let me know :)

Johnny M

Reaction score

Hey Kevin. I live in Watertown and would like to go dig somewhere. You still around? I'm John.

Fenndango

Reaction score
I'm in Brattleboro VT right along rt 91. I was more of a river diver for bottles. Was actively diving about 8-10 years ago. I'm too nervous to knock on someone's door and ask to probe the backyard for their s$!//3?. Maybe like in the 1960s, '70s.. I heard people didn't care much if you dug on their property back then. It's different now. So diving eliminates that.

There seems to be at least 4-5 people here interested in the same general area and maybe more will chime in. I'm in if anyone is interested in putting a privy digging group together. I have 2 spring steel "singing" probes made by someone who uses this forum, or did use it anyway. I forgot the name. A 4ft. and 5ft. with the welded heads. But I've never hit a privy only tried on a few large farmhouses so no surprise there. It seems straight forward. In a city would be easier and probably more bottles.

-Mason

Fenndango

Reaction score
Then if you dug a $20,000 bottle it's like huh.. am I ripping the landowner off. Strange dynamics/ ethical/ moral questions.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Well, it seems Bottle man, your call to the "CT Diggers Militia" has been well answered in the short time since you first posted and the gracious response makes me proud. One of these days we should all try getting together. ...I can't make your upcoming activity, maybe in the future and good luck to all.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hey Fenndango,
Yes, my take--anytime property rights are in question it is always best to have a strong moral compass. Love the I-91 corridor, but its heavy w/leaf peepers this time of year. Even the fairly new + expanded VT Welcome Center gets overrun. ;) :cool:

Hladnopivo

Reaction score
Bottleman has not been in this site since 2016, over 6 Years ago. I don't think he'll be answering you guys anytime soon. LEON.
Bottleman gave the world the Connecticut thread, and now it belongs to all of us...
Thanks Bottleman. Wherever you are.
In other news... Hey, I'm an avid digger, interested in joining a digging crew in Western CT, Northeast NJ or southeast NY.
I've never excavated a privy, although I've done a few wells, cisterns, ash-pits and several dumps. And come to think of it, possibly a privy.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi