HELP I NEED SOMEBODY!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
10 + YEARS AGO I FOUND A JAR AT AN ANTIQUE MALL I GOT REALLY EXCITED ABOUT AND FELL IN LOVE WITH...MAY BE FALLING OUT OF LOVE...

IT IS A MASON'S IMPROVED BUTTER JAR...AQUA...SMALLER SIZE. THE BAND LOOKS "OILY" THE TOP IS EMBOSSED "MASON'S IMPR...OVE...D [SPACED LIKE THIS] MAY 10 1870.NICELY WHITTLED..SOME NICE BUBBLES,GROUND LIP,BUT....HAS NO "O" BESIDE THE MONOGRAM AND NO NUMBERS OR NOTHING ON THE BOTTOM. AIN'T THIS A REPRODUCTION,BECAUSE OF THOSE TWO THINGS? I READ ON HERE A FEW YEARS AGO ON HERE THAT MAKES IT A REPRO...

DANG I HOPE IT IS FOR REAL....WHY GO TO SO MUCH TROUBLE TO REPRODUCE THIS? JUST TO BREAK MY HEART? THANKS FOR ANY INFO...NO MATTER HOW IT HURTS...IT IS MINT...WORTH MUCH OF ANY THING AS A REPRO?WHAT AGE MIGHT IT BE? JAMIE

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Red Book 8 doesn't show a repro for that. Actually, none for improved at all. I have #10 on the way and Doug told me it's got an expanded list.
BTW: RB 8 was 1997

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Forgot, 1688-1 is listed no "O". The lid sounds correct. The band may have just been cleaned or totally original. I don't know.

coreya

Reaction score
Pictures would help, These were repo'd but are very hard to tell as it was a very good reproduction. here are a couple of links ref the jar and some pictures of a large repo one I have.

fake jars

bob clay on fakes

100_1946.jpg

100_1948.jpg

100_1949.jpg

100_1951.jpg

coreya

Reaction score
I forgot to add in other post that the ground lip sort of points to a real one but pictures would sure help.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I was in a hurry this morning and goofed. The 1688-1 is HG. I hope my RB10 comes soon.
How small is smaller?

glass man

Reaction score
MINE IS 5 INCHES HIGH AND IS JUST LIKE THE ONE YOU SHOW COREY..CEPT OF COURSE AS IN SAID SMALLER AND IS AQUA...IT WAS MAYBE A YEAR OR SO AGO I WAS TOLD WITHOUT THE O BESIDE THE MONOGRAM AND NO NUMBERS EMBOSSING IT IS A REPRO..OH HOW MY HEART LONGS FOR IT TO BE REAL..I LOVE IT..OF COURSE LOVE IT MORE IF NOT A REPRO......THANKS FOR THE LINK AND WILL TRY TO GET PICS ON...JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
BY THE WAY THE NEWEST RED BOOK I HAVE IS 1990 PUT OUT BY ALICE M. CRESWICK AND WAS KINDLY SIGNED BY HER.

DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF SHE IS STILL ALIVE? HOPE SO..A GRAT LADY THAT HELPED DO GREAT THINGS FOR FRUIT JAR COLLECTORS! JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
[:mad:] MISS ALICE WAS NOT ONLY A GRAT LADY ..BUT A GREAT ONE TOO! THE NO NUMBERS EMBOSSED ON BOTTOM WAS ALSO A SIGN I WAS TOLD MADE IT A REPRO. THE LID IS CLEAN AND LOOKS JUST LIKE YOURS COREY ...JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
WELL IN THE LINK "FAKE" JARS IT SAYS THE BAND ARE SHORT[MINE ISN'T] ONE TO THE GOOD..THE FAKES ARE GREENISH BLACK..NOT AQUA AS THEY USUALLY ARE TWO IN MY FAVOR...3..THEY HAVE NO CO ONE AGAINST MINE 4..THEY HAVE NO NUMBERS EMBOSSING ON BOTTOM 2 AGAINST...SO 50/50 MINE MAY BE REAL? I CAN ONLY HOPE,BUT NOT TOO MUCH! I THANK YALL! JAMIE

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac