Looking for a digging partner in Louisville, KY area.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stormysouth

Reaction score
Hi. I am looking for someone to dig with in the Sellersburg, IN/Louisville Ky area. I am new to the area and have done a little digging in the Floyds Knobs area I live at the base of the knobs. My 12 yo son loves to dig too. We aren't the most experienced but we are enthusiastic.

grime5

Reaction score
i think there is still a club that digs in louisville. they have permission do dig on any property the city owns. its been a few years since i talked to them. hope you can find them. later greg

flaskfinder

Reaction score
Derby City Bottle club... I dont think that they have permission to dig just any city property. I dig in Louisville with my brother and father on a regular basis. Id be willing to come up and dig with you. e-mail me @ flaskfinder@hotmail.com

Windwalker

Reaction score
Hello Stormsouth
I'm new to the board and would like to say hello. I lived in Louisville for 20 yrs but moved 2 hrs away. There is some great digging around Louisville. Back a few years ago I was the foreman over the Hampton project in downtown Louisville and in the 6 block radias I scored big... but of course I had a trackhoe to use. I dug anywhere from 3 ft to 20 ft deep ( not bad for a woman, huh) and most of these bottles came out of old wells we had to dig up. This job is what got me hooked. Would love to dig with you some time.

Windwalker

Reaction score
Sorry . just figured out how to put pics on. These are just a few of the bottles I found there

Ec88138.jpg

Attachments

• Ec88138.jpg
    Ec88138.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 124

Windwalker

Reaction score
few more. Crock jugs and milk bottles seemed to be the most I found and bottles from the business area locally.

Sq48027.jpg

Attachments

• Sq48027.jpg
    Sq48027.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 119

stormysouth

Reaction score
Windwalker,

Sorry it took so long to reply. I've been doing alot of traveling for work. Life has settled down a little. Would love to dig with ya.
The bottles are awesome. I've only gotten to dig maybe 5x in the last 2 months. I'm haven DT's.

Lisa

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
StorySouth...

Hey Lisa, where have you been??? Me and Warren were getting lonely here[X(] We thought you found another couple of guys to hang out with on some other internet chatroom![:(]

Capsoda came out to visit me a week or so ago and we went to the New England Bottle Show. He and his wife stayed up here for the better part of six days and they just returned to Alabama last Tuesday. We had a great time and got to know eachother... Had a blast jokin around and cuttin up...[:D]

We sure have missed you... well, I'll let you get back to your horse racing and stuff. Hope you get a chance to take a walk along the river now that the ice has pretty much melted away. Good to see you're still around... Hope we didn't scare you off ...

The "Thumb Dudes" were really sad and thought that you had abandoned them...[&o]

Wayne

Lj21717.jpg

Attachments

• Lj21717.jpg
    Lj21717.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 123

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Lisa, Good to hear from ya. How have you been?

Had A realy good time up on the edge of the world with Wayne, Pam and the kids.

Still trying to figure out a new computer and the editor so I can post a few pis of the show.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac