Newbie questions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hoosier Ball

Reaction score
Hi all:

I'm new to all of this jar collecting and just discovered your forum, so I thought I'd sign up and start right off with some questions regarding what you collect. Do many jar collectors just concentrate on one style, brand, or era? Or do you collect everything you can find? My interest is in Ball jars, but I have a few Drey, Atlas, and a couple of others that ended up in the box I bought at an auction. I know now that even Ball produced other jars under different names after acquiring other companies. I've had Ball jars in my house since I was a kid...

I guess the main reason of my interest is due to the fact that my mom's maiden name was Ball, and she grew up about 25 miles from Muncie, Indiana. (And, no, to date I have never been able to make a connection to any of the five Ball brothers. :) So while I know many may collect just one brand, is that the normal or the exception? What do you collect?

Thanks for any and all help!
HB

madman

Reaction score
heres a few ive saved while digging, this is what i collect

Sq46449.jpg

madman

Reaction score
hey hb i think collecting one subject is a fine idea!! all my jars are dug so its random, ball jars are common but one can have a nice collection mike

Hoosier49er

Reaction score
Hiya HB. I am also a collector of Ball jars. I have a few others, but mostly some of the companies that I know Ball bought out, or pre 1900's. Where in Indiana are you from? Indianapolis here.

Joe

Hoosier Ball

Reaction score
Hi 49er. I'm in northern Indiana. Actually closer to Chi town than Nap town, but never go north...always Indy for me. I'm finding that this jar and bottle collecting can be addicting. Now if I only had someplace to show off all of these things!

HB

jarred

Reaction score
Collect the jars that YOU like- a couple of people who have been collectors for a long time gave me this advice.....and you know what..they're right.

Mk27392.jpg

Attachments

• Mk27392.jpg
    Mk27392.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 86

jarred

Reaction score
I put in an older picture in last post- The 2nd row from top is made up of mostly aussie jars, my favorites. A lot of the jars are AGEE.

Rp44905.jpg

Attachments

• Rp44905.jpg
    Rp44905.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 88

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member