anybody in VA/NC/MA/WVA!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Alaska

Reaction score
hello!

my name is Tom and i live in Hampton roads, id like to meet some folks to show me the ropes. i've found a couple spots on my own, but would like to link up with people and broaden my horizons.

i will travel!

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hello Alaska, I live in the Charlotte, NC area and am always looking for others to dig with. I also love to travel. If you have some promising sites (pre1900) or would like to hit a couple I have PM me...GARY

Alaska

Reaction score
hey gary! i do happen to have some sites! and id love to meet up with you at some of yours!

its a shame no one else wanted to dig with me.. got into some pontils the other day, and i always dig with a pretty girl![:'(][:'(][&:][:D]

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
I used to live in Va Beach and did a little digging in the Hampton area a few years back. Last year I dug a little in Portsmouth but a lot of that had already been dug and it was difficult to find a virgin spot to dig. I was in Va Beach last week and occasionally get back there once a month or so. I now live in Staunton where I dig a couple of times a week. Unfortunately, I usually dig alone. The privies here are only a maximum of 7 feet deep and I can usually handle them by myself. Other than that I have been digging a dump site here in Staunton for over 2 years now and again I pretty much like to dig that on my own. So here's the deal. I only know of two dumps in the Hampton area and you might have trouble getting permission. In Portsmouth it's just a matter of knocking on some doors and taking a chance that it hasn't been dug before. Va Beach is great for beach hunting with a metal detector but a little too new for bottle digging for me. I like pre 1900s sites and prefer 1870s or earlier. There are probably still some good places to dig in Norfolk and Newport News should be prime. I could definately show you the ropes like you say but it would probably have to be on your turf. Good luck and I guess you could contact me through the forum if tou want.

Alaska

Reaction score
@diggermeister: i emailed you back, i believe! lets do it!

@Dan: would you mind sharing any information on the hampton/portsmouth dumps? (i know how people can be with spot locations and reveling information.. im not greedy, and will happily return the favor)

i need some one to help me find the dump/privy(s) at an 1810 hotel. its virgin, and found broken pottery, pontiled bottom glass, bricks, oysters etc. either of you are welcome!

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey Hey Tom, It was great speaking with you! I've collected all the tools together and am ready to hit the road. The sites we were talking about sound ready for some serious digging [8D]. The only question now is:
WHEN!?!

Alaska

Reaction score
well i havent seen my schedual for the coming weeks, but it should be this soon. that 1810 hotel is begging for it!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky