The Most Expensive Owl Drug Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I have seen many Owl Drug bottles. Most sell below $300. And I have always heard of the Grand Pappy Owl. It's an oddity in the KT-1 group. It only comes in 5" size. It's a 2 wing, but the embossing orientation is that of a 1 wing bottle. (Company name is on it's own panel and not above the Owl logo on the front as other 2 wings are). I have never seen one for sale. That is, until a few days ago. I had no idea what one would sell for, so it was a shock to find out the winning bid of $2840! I have never seen another Owl Drug bottle of any kind sell for this amount. So keep your eyes out for this one. It's worth being behind a mortgage payment or two. [8D]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=250764127278&si=z7GQcvxgE5%252FQEqS2IwypspH821Y%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

**There may be more rare and expensive Owl Drug bottles out there, but this is the most expensive that I know about so far**

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I have dug those "Grandpappy" "Hooters" but never got ANYTHING close to that price. The best looking "Grandpappy" or "Hippie" Owl is the big square one. Although not necessarily a poison it did hold dangerous products that were not to be taken internally.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Bottle was re-listed. Evidently, a crack was found in the corner just before packing to the winner. So back up it is. Such a heart breaker. Still a handsome example. I'm sure it displays well. I would try if I had the cash, but we keep buying stuff and the Columbia show is next weekend and we cant spend all the money before the show...

mctaggart67

Reaction score
When I first started collecting in 1980, at age 12, I saw a milk glass Owl Drug Co. embossed with either "Victoria, B.C." or "Vancouver, B.C." underneath the owl logo. I really wanted to buy the bottle because I thought the colour was interesting (as a new collector, I'd never seen milk glass before) and because my mother's side of the family is from British Columbia. The price was $50.00, and too dear for me, since a paper route was my only form of income. Instead, I settled for something else. Yes, I know, hindsight is 20/20!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I really thought it would have gone a bit higher, cuz 10% of the previous price is quite the hit.
I wouldn't have minded getting it for that price, but we had bigger things we are after. Plus we still have to keep some money for the show this weekend.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu