Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Bottle Master

RE: Baltimore Glass GW

The medial ribbing.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 361ACAB83F60449AAC3CF1E21E6301BE.jpg  

The reverse side of each bottle.Notice the exactness in similarity between The bust of Henry Clay on the Bridgeton Bottle compared to yours They are exactly the same.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5B31761EB48E405AB22D09850F505CE6.jpg  

Junior Member New Bottler

Hi,

Thanks for all info/pics..

Much appreciated. I'll be keeping it and passing it on to one of my two boys..

Hope you have a nice Sunday and thanks again.

Bob

I cant beleive the long time members or other noteworthy glass historians who frequent this site wont chime in on this one. This is a great extremely rare historical bottle this new member posted here and no one can find the time to congratulate this gentleman.It is a great looking flask and you are very likley to not see another of these in your collecting lifetimes.Whenever a bottle is in the Mckearin numbered most desirable flasks list you have a great bottle.

Steve,

You are absolutely right that it is listed as rare, and the case can be made that it SHOULD be a $2000+ flask! However, I have had many "rare" flasks that sell in the hundreds, not thousands. Should they be thousands? Absolutely!

These days color is king... an aqua example of this type of flask might be in the hundreds, but a yellow olive example would be $30,000! It is crazy.

Mike

Thanks for coming on Mike it is a truley great find.The owner is a nice gentleman also I have had good email corespondence with him.You had posted earlier in the thread and this was not directed at you per say........................ well maybe a little.[:D]

Hi,

Thanks again for all the posts. I'm a newbie to old bottles and it was fun to see the old books with the pics.

I'll be on the look-out for anything good and plan on trolling my dad's attic at some point to see if there could be anything else interesting.

I still keep my Booz knock-off in the window of my office as I like the color. I like the Baltimore one as well, but I'm partial to the Blue Booz knock-off for looking at =)

Cheers,

Bob

Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)

Bob,....welcome to ABN...Very nice flask. Congrats,...the majority of the time when someone new comes on here and asks about a flask, it IS a repro....[:D]

I read in the McKearin /Wilson book that the Schaum's from Baltimore Glassworks were involved at the Bridgeton NJ Glass House in some capacity , which could explain the similarities of certain flasks between the two Glass Houses.

Hi All,

I was thinking of maybe selling my bottle in the pics that can be seen in pics #1 #2..

It's in nice shape.. I think there is a spot of amber/resin one can see in the pics, but I'm assuming that can be cleaned out..

Hope all is super.. Email me/respond to the thread