Poison Collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of nice bottles on this forum, so I thought I would return the favor and share a few pics of some of my collection. These poisons are my favorites. The repro flask and cod liver oil are on the shelf with the poisons only because they don't fit on my lower shelves. Two more Owls will soon be joining the two in the second picture. I hope to pick up a few more of the irregular hexagons soon as well. Anyone happen to have any they want to sell? Thanks for looking and enjoy! Jim

Ig13290.jpg

Attachments

• Ig13290.jpg
    Ig13290.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 184

Jim

Reaction score
The second shelf. There are also a few inks in the back.

Yw67048.jpg

Attachments

• Yw67048.jpg
    Yw67048.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 173

Jim

Reaction score
The third shelf. A little of everything on this one.

Wu62236.jpg

Attachments

• Wu62236.jpg
    Wu62236.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 189

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Great bottles Jim! I don't collect poisons but I always thought it would be a neat field to get into. Love the cobalt owls. Any one wingers? Kelley

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, Kelley. The smaller Owl is a one-winger. The larger one is a two-wing ABM bottle. I just bought two more Owls, one cobalt and one clear, but they aren't here yet. I believe they are both two-wing. The Owls have always been a favorite of mine, too. Jim

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Jim,

I collect miniatures, samples,amd other small bottles. Have this little RIKER/HEGEMAN bottle. I know Riker Hegeman was a New York Druggist. Similar ribbed bottles often contained tincture of iodine and other antiseptics and are usually considered poisons. Just wondered if this one would be considered a cobalt poison or simply a cobalt druggist. I also have several poisons that I have dug.

Cliff

Ol31478.jpg

Attachments

• Ol31478.jpg
    Ol31478.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 177

Jim

Reaction score
Hello Cliff. The Riker-Hegeman is indeed a poison bottle. They are fairly scarce and start at about $75 for value. The large-size ones are rare and worth hundreds. They are identified as KR-47 in the poison books. Jim

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Jim,

Thought it would be considered as a poison due to the ribs. Liked it mostly for size,color and embossing. Surprised it would be worth that much. Not planning to sell it though. Here is a set of three amber poisons, the small one is just 2 in. tall. Thanks again.

Cliff

Ig11479.jpg

Jim

Reaction score
Those are KV-1 poisons, Cliff. They originally contained Diamond brand antiseptic, made by the Eli Lilly Company. They come in many sizes, the larger ones (8-10 inches) are very tough to find. Clear ones are also scarce. It's nice to see that you found three different ones so far. The 2-inch is the smallest one of the series. Ones like your three sell for $5-$10 each. There is also an error one with a backwards "N" in the word POISON. That's a good one, too. Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu