A.R.G. Peden

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Still looking for any info on A.R.G.Peden Ginger Beer, Carlton Place, Ontario.

This is a glass ginger beer, blob top/w fastener.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Dave,

Not much out there on your Peden, eh. I did find one that may be coming to auction, "A.R.C. Peden Carleton Place ginger beer bottle." is the listing in This Auction. Quite the opportunity to corner the market on that guy.

There's a few other tantalizing items in that auction, like "Wind up tin cat....and many other articles too numerous to mention…"

Man, Cliff's got quite a collection,
arg_peden_01.jpg
Are'ya gonna show us yours? Do'ya suppose his Christian name was Alexander, after the Scottish Prophet Peden?

I also found reference to some Pedens in Victoria, BC. "In 1913, the Scott & Peden families were merchants of grain & groceries, their new warehouse was constructed on the corner of Store Street & Pandora Avenue. This grain warehouse & feed store received deliveries from trains that actually entered the building through what is now the Store Street entrance of Swans Hotel & BrewPub !" From.

street+scene+1890.jpg

Bixel

Reaction score
Dave, I dont know much about Peden, all I could tell you is his years of operation. Better talk to Phil Culhane, or somebody on that side of the province for more info.

mctaggart67

Reaction score
You might it helpful to get a copy of my book, The Ontario Soda Water Manufacturers & Brewers Gazetteer and Business Directory, 1851 to 1930, with a couple thousands business listings.

Bixel

Reaction score
I will back up Glen here and say that his book as awesome. I use it all the time, and is very handy to have!

I also have the druggist book of Glen's.

Newtoit

Reaction score
As a fellow Canadian collector can you let me know where I can buy Glen's book?? The closest city to me is Belleville Onraio.
Thanks
Debbie

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Debbie,

Ask Glen via electronic transmission.

Or maybe he'll boomerang now that you're asking about him.

Glen-campbell.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94