Pepsi:Cola double dot

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kadcock

Reaction score
Once again, the newby brings another bottle to the forum for market appraisal. I sold a few milk bottles to a gentleman earlier in the week who came to the house to pick them up. While he was here, I showed him some of my collection. Let me interject, what I refer to a collection is probably not what the rest of you would. You see, I never bought or sold a bottle until this week. These bottles have been in my basement for 35 years +. As a kid my dad and I would go after church on Sunday afternoons and dig in abandonned homestead dumps. Every bottle in my collection I discovered. However, I never bothered looking at them as an investment until this past week when I got some good money for milk bottles.

Anyway back to the Pepsi:Cola bottle. This gentelemaan told me that the Pepsi:Cola bottles that I have are worth something because, they are double dot. He pointed out to me that double dot's between the words "Pespi:Cola". These bottles are painted on both sides. The front is red, white and blue. The back is just white. The bottle was bottled in Scranton, PA for the Pepsi:Cola Co. Long Island City, NY.

The bottom bas reads DES PAT. 120,277 with a 13 in a circle in the center and 47 to the right. To the left looks like"I or 1". An at the very bottom of the base looks like1211.

I have three photos of the bottle. I was informed that the file for each photo was too large. I attempted to compress the file, it told me it was too big. I tried shooting the photo at 1.2 mpxls still too big. I can email them to anyone interested. I am yet to clean because, I have no idea how. I hope this information helps to get a reasonable appraisal on these bottles.

Thanks, Kipp Adcock

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
kad ~

Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place.

Right now I am just tagging this thread for e-mail updates. I could tell you quite a bit about your Pepsi Cola bottle, but since I don't want to hog the entire show I will wait for others to respond first. [:D]

Stand by ... I am sure someone will be along soon ... and possibly even before I hit the "OK" button.

SODAPOPBOB

splante

Reaction score
open your picture in "paint" then under view image skew it to 50% horz and vert save it then it should post

splante

Reaction score
sorry the steps are
right click on the picture
select open with
click on "paint"
then click on image
then resize/skew
change 100% on both horz and vert to 50%
save
picture should now work on this site

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
kipp ~

I'm not sure if you figured out the photo sizing stuff yet, but I use Windows Live and size my pictures to 650 and they turn out like the one below.

Does your Pepsi bottle have a makers mark that looks something like this ... 13 <(I)> 47 ... if so, it is an Owens-Illinois bottle made in 1947. But even even if the mark is different, no doubt the 47 is for 1947. The other numbers are mold and/or tracking numbers of some type.

The double-dot example shown here is also dated 1947 and in mint condition. It is from Phoenix, Arizona. I value it at about $15.00. In a lesser grade it would de-value from there.

I hope this helps.

SODAPOPBOB

AEFF6FA70DBE486B8B2949938FD0947C.jpg

Attachments

• AEFF6FA70DBE486B8B2949938FD0947C.jpg
    AEFF6FA70DBE486B8B2949938FD0947C.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 83

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
~ How To Post Photos/Images/Files with “Windows Live Photo Gallery†~

I had this prepared in advance, and thought it may be of interest/help to new members. Please note I use “Windows Live Photo Gallery,†but these step by step instructions seem to work irregardless of your particular photo file. I am including every phase, even some of which seem elementary. Print this if necessary, or just go back and forth from minimize / maximize. (There is also a help category at the top of the A-B.net forum index).

Otherwise …

1. Click on, “Post Reply†at bottom of reply page.
2. Write message, etc.
3. Put a check mark in the box located at bottom left that reads, “Embed picture in post.â€
4. Click on “Click here to upload.â€
5. Click on , “Browse.â€
6. Select photo you wish to use from your file. (Make sure it is “jpg†or a similar file).
7. Click on, “Open.â€
8. Click on, “OK.â€
9. If successful, Click on, “OK.â€
10. If not successful, and it says “Too Large,†close out or minimize, and then go back to your photo file and resize smaller (I recommend 650)
11. Click final “OKs†and you’re done.

Good luck, and don’t hesitate to ask for additional help if necessary.

SODAPOPBOB

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
~ Resizing Pictures with Windows Live Photo Gallery ~

1. Open Windows Live Photo Gallery
2. Select the picture you wish to resize by single left-click which will highlight picture in blue.
3. At top left click on “Fileâ€
4. Select/Click “Resizeâ€
5. In the Maximum Dimensions box set at 650 (or smaller to about 500)
6. Click in the box that says “Resize and Saveâ€
7. Delete original picture (Red X at bottom) so as not to have two of the same image.

That's it! ... Easy Smeasy! [:)]

Copy/Paste this in an e-mail to yourself and print if necessary.

SPBOB

kadcock

Reaction score
Sodapopbob,

This is exactly the bottle that I have. Thnak you for giving me an appraisal of what it is worth. To be honest, I was thinking around $2.00 a bottle. I guess I have a lot to learn.

Thanks,
Kipp Adcock

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Kipp ~

You're welcome. Glad I could be of help.

There are any number of different websites about the history of Pepsi Cola, but since I personally like pictures best, this one is as good as any. Be sure to click on the "Hall of Fame" and "Bottles for Sale" options.

Safe Link : http://www.antiquebottles.com/pepsi/

SPBOB

{Example of various Pepsi Cola bottles with approximate dates} / I should point out that the date for the second bottle from the left (Amber 1890) is incorrect as the crown finish was not even invented until 1892. [sm=rolleyes.gif] That particular bottle is more likely early to mid 19-teens.
5A0E1AD3EFC7494EB017C9E51AFEC995.jpg

Attachments

• 5A0E1AD3EFC7494EB017C9E51AFEC995.jpg
    5A0E1AD3EFC7494EB017C9E51AFEC995.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members